Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead example Making plugins

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by tyoc213, Jun 27, 2014.

1. tyoc213

tyoc213

robertono likes this.
  2. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

3. tyoc213

tyoc213

I found the blog post quite good (y). Now lets see.

By the way, for the repo before I skim on the code, can you provide a order of "complexity" if not the complete list a suggestion of which one of this to look into first?

4. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

I've had a bit of exposure to the Heart Rate Monitor sample and I would venture that it is likely a bit more complex. The Invoke extension has only one native function that's being called.

The short of it is though, that you make a SO library in Momentics / native BlackBerry. Export it, and then import that SO library into Unity and create a wrapper for those functions.

Once I actually went through it myself, it became much more clear.

For starting out, I'd recommend the Invoke extensions just because I was the one that wrote it, so I can answer any questions about it a little better than the other :) The other one is a great example too, I just know less about the specific workings, and it is a bit more complex.

Edit: Note that the repo has only two Unity plugins: the BtHrmPlugin and UnityInvoke. The rest are native samples, but not necessarily related to Unity plugins.

5. robertono

robertono

6. robertono

robertono