Search Unity

Deactivate a license

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mgarnett, Jul 10, 2009.

1. mgarnett

mgarnett

Hi,

I am new user to Unity, which I think is a great product by the way. Anyway, I am currently using it on a Macbook running both Windows and OSX. I have a license currently installed and activated in Windows and I am installing it under OS X as well.

Now I want to deactivate my Windows license and move that to my desktop environment as I am not really happy with how it runs in Window. It's not a Unity problem, mainly an Apple driver problem. Basically when I do anything remotely processor intensive in Windows Unity, my Macbook sounds like it is going to take off (the power management in Vista is terrible for Macs). I have also noticed that the OSX version seems to accomplish tasks much quicker than the Windows version (like importing assets for example).

So, after such a long winded introduction, I would like to deactivate my Windows Mac license and transfer it to my desktop environment. This would then mean I would have one install in my OS X partition on my Macbook and one in my Windows desktop environment.

By the way, I am assuming that installing in OS X and Windows on the same machine counts as two installs for activation purposes.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Right would be 2 installs if in different OS

You need to contact the support on this topic (thats done through mail) to have that handled.

3. mgarnett

mgarnett

Thanks dreamora, I have sent an email through to support.

Cheers

Mark