Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

De-Lighting Tool

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Cyril-Jover, Jul 7, 2017.

1. luffyzcxv

luffyzcxv

Hello Cyril!
    Do your De-Ligth tools rely heavily on Unity?

2. Cyril-Jover

Cyril-Jover

Unity Technologies

Yes. It's a tool that should be installed from the asset store and have to be launched from Unity. Note that there are issues since Unity 2018. I recommend you to install a previous version of Unity (2017 is fine) and the download the tool. We Have a plan to fix those problems with the latest versions. I'll send a message here when it is done.
    If you start with the tool, I suggest you to watch this video first:

Cheers !

Tarrag likes this.
  3. luffyzcxv

luffyzcxv

4. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

@Cyril-Jover Thanks for the tool, but I get 2 errors, and the result texture is black.
    What can I do?
    Thanks!
    err1.png
    err2.png

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

6. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

If you do not add the "optional" parameters it fails, I also had to update drivers.

7. oceanquigley

oceanquigley

Hi there, I'm in Unity 2019.3.15f1, and am getting the "all black" problem too, along with this message in the console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Experimental.VisualElements.VisualContainer.RemoveChild (UnityEditor.Experimental.VisualElements.IVisualElement element) (at Assets/DeLightingTool/EditorGUITools/Editor/MVVM/View/VisualContainer.cs:27)
    UnityEditor.DelightingInternal.DelightingToolVisualContainer.Dispose () (at Assets/DeLightingTool/Editor/UI/DelightingToolVisualContainer.cs:75)
    UnityEditor.DelightingInternal.DelightingToolWindow.OnDestroy () (at Assets/DeLightingTool/Editor/Window/DelightingToolWindow.cs:104)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Is that relevant? Any advice? Am otherwise running current drivers on a 2080 card
    Thanks!

8. Cyril-Jover

Cyril-Jover

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    All versions after 2017.4 seem to be broken. There is no one to fix these bugs for now and I'm very sorry about this. My advice is to grab a 2017.4 version of Unity and download the delighting tool from the asset store.
    Again, very sorry about this, hope it won't stay too much in this state.

Have a nice day,

Cyril

9. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

So the 2019.3 fix that was added on v1.0.16 didn't really work? (mentioned on the releases page here https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/de-lighting-tool-99583#releases)

I haven't tested this myself, just assumed it would have been fixed it for 2019.3 when I see a note like that..

10. Cyril-Jover

Cyril-Jover

Unity Technologies

Yes, what you assumed is right ! But we had a lot of feedback that versions above 2017.4 are not working correctly (or at all sometimes). Again, I apologize for this and advise you to use the 2017.4 one.

11. przemekgesicki

przemekgesicki

Hi
    I get very strange results
    any tips?

12. Cyril-Jover

Cyril-Jover

Unity Technologies

Hi Przemekgesicki,
    In your case, this won't work without using a mask. Take a look at this tutorial, it should guide you to create the mask you need:

Cheers,

Cyril Jover

13. sexpixel

sexpixel

Hi Everyone,

I've just downloaded Unity for the first time in order to try out the Unity Delighting tool downloaded from GitHub.
    I'm used to installing plugins for Unreal so I can't find any info on how to install this tool for Unity.
    Does anybody know the workflow that they can share?

Thanks

14. Cyril-Jover

Cyril-Jover

Unity Technologies

Hey SP ;) !
    The tool is pretty old but should work. I suggest you to download an older version of Unity (2017.4) and then follow the installation part of the doc. All info is there:
    https://blog.unity.com/technology/experimental-feature-de-lighting-tool

When all the setup is ok I suggest you to follow this tutorial too:

If you still have issues, you can repost or DM me.

Have a nice day

15. sexpixel

sexpixel

Hi Cyril,
    Thanks for the tool. I watched your Siggraph 2017 presentation on Photogrammetry and would really like to get this tool operational. I hope you're still following this thread and can help to troubleshoot this issue preventing me from getting started.

So far, I have
    • Downloaded and installed Unity 5.6.2f1
    • Downloaded and Unzipped the DeLightingTool-master project from GitHub
    • I've followed the instructions in the #35 Post; - I've launched Unity and opened the project
    • The project's assets have been successfully imported into the Unity Editor...
    ...but when I go to Window > Delighting Tool in an attempt to launch the tool editor it doesn't launch the Delighting Tool as described in the DeLightingTool.pdf

Clearly, I'm missing a step. I'm brand new to Unity so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks