Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games De León Legends VR Game [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Wintermute-, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Hello, we are Digital Wizards Entertainment, currently we are creating a VR game called De León Legends. It is a two developer project. The game has been in development for a year and a half.

banner.png

De León Legends is an open world, pirate, RPG adventure game designed from the ground up for virtual reality.
    ---------------

Pic14.jpg
    Pic15.jpg
    Pic2.jpg

Dynamic world
    : The inhabits of De León help bring the world to life.

Realistic open world: The world of De León consists of a beautiful, remote archipelago of micro islands surrounded by an expanse of rolling sea, all realized with a graphic quality that rivals non-VR games. Each island in the chain has its own resources, mysteries and dangers, and travel between islands is free and open...if you can brave the high seas!

Freedom of Action: Do what you want when you want. Destroy the galleon? Why not? Just don’t assume it’ll be easy! Explore each island, search for useful gems and objects, hunt, fish, or dive the reef in search of sunken treasure.

Compelling story and mini “quests”: Uncover the secret story of your past as you attempt to survive. Complete objectives and mini quests with stories that add to your own fragmented memory.

Amazing action scenes: Immersive actions scenes with movie quality explosions, dynamic destructible objects, and 3D sound will transport you to the battle.

Sail the seas: Travel between islands using boats or large ships, but watch out what lurks beneath! Experience the open ocean expanse, looming sea creatures, varying wave intensity as storms pick up and intense ship battles with intelligent NPCs.

Unique Mechanics: Perform a wide variety of unique mechanics designed specifically for VR and to foster a sense of exploration and survival. Run, Jump, Shoot, Climb, Throw, Ignite things, fire cannons, swim, use a hammer and nail to build, use a hammer and chisel to carve wood/split rock/decrust objects, swim, sail...

Platform: (PC only) VIVE, Oculus, and Windows Mixed Reality.

Gamestory.png
    There was a time when the noble and nefarious alike took to the open seas in search of fortune and glory. For those that survived their conquests on the High Seas would make them legends. But even among legends, one name is set above the rest. He's been called the Immortal Marauder, King of the Seven Seas. As his reputation would have it, he was loved by his crew, feared by his enemies, undefeated in battle his name is De León.

But what made De León and his crew legendary was acquiring the greatest treasure of them all, “The seven talking skulls”.

The skulls were items of wonder, when placed together they would tell who owns the skulls what they wanted to know, a location or secrets of the world. Some say they even have special powers to control the dead and heal the sick.

After the crew found enough fortune they decided to split up. They separate the skulls and a few of the most trusted members took them for safe keeping.

But while they celebrated something dark and sinister started to awaken. Slowly the crew vanished. Leaving a handful alive along with De León.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    ClaudiaTheDev and Hikiko66 like this.
  2. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Innovating Mechanics.png

De León Legend was created from the ground up with virtual reality in mind. With the use of virtual reality, we were able to create new and innovating game mechanics that have never been seen before in video games.

Some of the core mechanics include:
    • Walking/running
    • Jumping
    • Swimming
    • Climbing
    • Shooting
    • Burning (fire spreads from location.)
    • Dynamic destruction
    • Crafting
    • Mining
    • Building
    • Throwing
    • Sword fighting
    • Firing cannons
    • Dynamic oceans
    • Floating objects
    • Containers
    • Open world
    • Sailing ships/boats
    • 3D sound

GameGraphics.png

The stunning graphical quality of De León Legends, along with the completely open world environment is a first in virtual reality.

Everything you see in the videos are real-time captures running at 90fps in virtual reality. As we continue working on the project, this exact level of quality will be present in the final product. We value our graphical pipeline and keep it up to date, in both quality and optimization.

Performance
    The quality of this VR game is incredible and extremely well optimized. During the first few months of development we used and tested a variety of techniques to get to this quality, and to make it work on low end computers. Our main strength has always been the ability to know how to create high quality content using the least amount of computer power. All of our models have low polycount, LODs, and optimized texture maps along with the least amount of materials. We also use two different occlusion culling techniques that does not render objects that the camera is not seeing. We tested the game on a 1060 desktop, 1070 mobile, 1070 desktop, 1080 mobile, 1080 desktop, and 1080TI. To play this game we recommend a 1070 mobile graphics card and up. You can run this on a 1060 but you will have to change the graphical settings.

Pic1.jpg
    Pic11.jpg Pic9.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    ClaudiaTheDev likes this.
  3. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Game Architecture.png
    The game is designed as an open world, RPG story adventure. It has a main quest along with side quests. With Many self-given objectives to do. Want to destroy a ship even if it is not part of a quest? Go ahead! Because we designed the project as a simulation, the player can do almost anything that the laws of the world of De León allows. The time it takes to finish the main quest will be determined on how the player decides to accomplish each quest. Once the player gets to the end they can continue to enjoy and explore the dynamic world.

The game was also designed to keep expanding by adding chapters. Each chapter will add more content and mechanics into the world.

How do you address motion sickness?
    Yes! We purposefully dedicated a lot of time addressing the issue of motion induced sickness. We’ve tested and implemented the following techniques which have had the effect of greatly reducing, and for some, completely eliminating the motion sickness effect for even first time VR players.

• Movement on Land - Simple arm action controls the acceleration and deceleration of movement to better convince your brain that actual movement through 3D space is taking place. That is, you’re doing something to generate movement rather than doing nothing, which confuses the brain. In addition, this method eliminates the “sliding on ice” effect that prompts your brain into reacting negatively.
    • Movement on Sea - Partially parenting the camera properly to the boat helps reduce motion induced sickness when sailing.
    • Movement on Sea - For most players, the turbulent seas are super convincing and really fun to experience in the game, but we understand that everyone reacts differently to even simulated rolling wave motions. For this reason, an option is provided in the settings to completely remove the rolling wave effects when sailing.
    Pic17.jpg
    Pic18.jpg
    Pic7.jpg

Attached Files:

• Pic5.jpg
      Pic5.jpg
      File size:
      211.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  4. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

5. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

6. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Soon we will show videos of gameplay with NPC characters and actual quests. The top videos are dev logs showing what we worked on during the month the video was created. The game is being developed in Unity 2018.3.9f1.

In the past we always worked as contractors for a variety of companies. If you are interested in seeing past works: (All done using Unity.)

Our company website: www.digitalwizards.online

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  7. R1PFake

R1PFake

Where can I buy "Alice in the Forgotten Land - VR Game"? Can't find it anywhere, or is it not released yet?

8. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

The Alice in the Forgotten Lands has not been released yet. We decided to finish De Leon Legends first since it requires less capital, the other game has a lot of voice acting and motion capture work that we currently can’t afford. In the future if everything goes well with our first VR game, we will finish the Alice game next.

9. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

looks really nice so far. I think the title of tjread is a bit pretentious but who knows, maybe that works.

Graphics and overall quality looking really nice. I actually watched through whole trailer and was pretty intrigued. Only issue is that by end I feel like I haven't seen enough gameplay. For instance, we see a showdown with skeleton pirate but we never actually fight him.

When the big ship floats by at night I heard same guy yelling a few times on loop.

The writing isn't doing a great job of selling game to me yet. Listing a lot of features and stuff but not selling me on the experience. If you have time consider iterating on that more, or even spending money to hire so.e marketing consultant. It's not bad I don't think but not up to quality bar you.have set visually.

I had same trouble with marketing writing and got lots of useful feedback from this forum.

Hope any of this helps. Project looks awesome good luck.

Wintermute- likes this.
  10. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, English is not my first language so writing could be a lot better. When I did the top videos the characters were not fully done yet, so I decided to cut all of the reactions with the characters out. By the end of the month I will try to have a video and possibly a free demo showing the actual gameplay part of the game with characters interactions and some quests.

11. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Currently I am animating some larger marine animals for De Leon Legends VR game. Animation has never been a strength of mine, but it is turning out ok. Still a work in progress. These are video captures from the game engine. The scene itself is a test area that I use for reference. Still missing particle effects (splashes), and sound, that is done during the coding stage. The characters visual look is final, they will look exactly like this in VR.

12. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

New work in progress video of De León Legends VR game. This one is focused on some interactions with physics and our new sea worm character, more videos soon. Note: Due to feedback, the water spray effect on the camera will be optional.

13. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

14. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Island work in progress. The gray textured assets are placeholders.
    Currently I am painting the terrain using MicroSplat, once done I will add the rest of the flora and switch the placeholders with the actual assets. I might also edit the tile texture and make it a bit more asymmetrical to remove the direction.

15. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Screenshot HDRPvsSRP.jpg Screenshot HDRPvsSRP3.jpg Screenshot HDRPvsSRP4.jpg Screenshot HDRPvsSRP2.jpg De Leon VR game updates.
    There are lots of changes, but for now I will only show some of the graphical differences between the old De Leon VR project and the new one. Scene WIP.
    One big change was moving the project to the HDRP it not only improved the quality but also greatly improved the performance.

16. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

17. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

18. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

19. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

I was working on updating the textures and UVs of the small sailboat for De Leon Legends.

20. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

Your game looks absolutely stunning! The dolphin is really cute and realistic, I love it! Really amazing what a team of two can achieve.
    I am looking forward to the demo. Can you only play it with VR?

21. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

I am very glad you like the project! The demo will work only in VR, the main issue is adapting the VR gameplay for non VR. But it will work with any PC VR headset model.

22. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

Some upgraded object textures for De Leon Legends.

DeLeonHRDP-Image29.jpg DeLeonHRDP-Image26.jpg DeLeonHRDP-Image28.jpg

Attached Files:

23. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

24. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

25. Wintermute-

Wintermute-

26. Wintermute-

Wintermute-