Search Unity

(DCUO) - How do you like it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redz0ne, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

DC Universe - Online

Are you playing it? what do you think? how do you think the mechanics they have are implemented? would you try to do them in Unity?

yeah, it's a really fun game. it's risking taking some of my time away from me. but, it's worth it (at least for now while the thrill is still on.)

i was playing a character with the staff weapon and i have to say i am impressed with the combat. i'm kinda curious how one would thread those kinds of animations together. that and the interface of combos of tapping and holding various mouse buttons. (i would suspect that it'd require a timer counting between when the mouse-down and the mouse-up is detected and comparing that to an adequate time stored in a vairable or some-such.)

i would think, also, that managing things like the torso, legs and head textures could be three different plates that way you could script them to change up on the fly and allow the player to adjust the tinting themselves it could be done.

oh, and the targeting interface (for melee characters at least) feels very smooth and almost flawless (well, for how i play, that is.)

on top of all that, however, is the chance to fight along-side one of my favourite DC heroes (green lantern. not sure which one it is though... Hal Jordan? Kyle Raynor?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. BradS0mething

BradS0mething

I've been thinking about buying it but am scared. I generally like to download the free 7 day trial demos that MMO games like this provide and I can't find one for DC Universe. I've play the crap out of WoW but could never get into City of Heros.

3. pinkhair

pinkhair

For now, the 'MMO' part of the design seems pretty weak- the interface is very much designed like a console action game with a short lifespan, so hard to say how well it will hold up over the long term that most MMOs hope their players stick around for.