Search Unity

Days worth of Analytics do not Display on Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AhmenX, Sep 17, 2018.

1. AhmenX

AhmenX

Greetings everyone,
    so something weird happened with Unity Analytics.

Me and my team were exhibiting a VR game using the Oculus Rift in a big expo from Sunday the 9th evening up to Sunday the 16th evening. We had Unity Analytics set up to mostly track traffic.
    Even though we were running on one session a day, from one machine, we had custom analytics to track game starts, game overs, level completion, resets and some other game specific data.
    We DID NOT have a stable internet connection until some time on Tuesday but we did connect the PC to a 4G network a few times before that.

I logged in to the dashboard Wednesday(I think) afternoon to see how the analytics are tracking so far and saw nothing. No data at all. I overlooked it blaming the internet, maybe the batch has not been processed yet I thought, or maybe we need to wait a bit for the cached data to be sent to the server.

So I waited and logged again today. Finally we had some data but it made zero sense.
    It had only logged one 8-hour long session on Saturday the 15th and nothing else. An 8-hour long session makes sense for that day. We may have been active for another hour or so but I could be wrong. I thought it weird no previous day has been sent yet but I looked into the custom events sent anyway to see if they make sense. They did not. It only logged a total of 11 game starts, but only 9 game overs. More than a 100 game starts happened that day. I was there. I am 100% sure it is not an issue with when the events are being sent. I checked the other analytics and they all made sense IF only 9 games were played. In any other case they were lacking.
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (4).png
    Do you have any clue what the problem might be? Is there any chance custom events take longer to be sent or that the batches are processed in a non-chronological order and I get the rest of the data in a few days?

I hope I explained the problem in enough detail and thank you in advance for any response you might have.

2. Benvictus

Benvictus

@VassiliosK

Could you please open up a support ticket referring to this post and we will take a look into your data. When you submit the support ticket you can provide your project's UPID and make it FAO Ben.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Also, did you play your game AFTER you had Internet access? We queue events if there is no connection, and then send them the next time the game is launched with connectivity.

4. AhmenX

AhmenX

Yes we have. We played it the day before yesterday and we got all events of that day as expected! The older ones still have not showed up!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018