Search Unity

Daydream (VR) subscription support.

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Taoma, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Taoma

Taoma

Hi,

I've been trying to implement Unity IAP subscription (Google Play) for an existing (published) Daydream app for the last two days without success. Everytime I press the subscribe button the view fades out and then back in, reporting an error "Unknown", "Billing unavailable" (error code 3).

I then created new project, imported Unity IAP and added (to existing UnityIAP.cs) my subscription product id and it worked. IAP dialog showed up as expected. I used the same package name, version and bundle version code along with the keystore.

Then I imported GoogleVR Unity SDK and modified IAP demo scene to work in VR, but it no longer worked, reporting the same "unknown", "billing unavailable" message. I tried to add a normal non-consumable product and it actually worked.

Is subscription supported on Daydream? I couldn't find any information (Unity or Google) about this.

Unity version: 2018.3.4f1
    Unity IAP version: 1.20.1
    GVR SDK for Unity v1.190.1

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Taoma

Taoma

Thanks for replying. I'm attaching the adb log. I replaced package name and app name with "com.my.daydream.app" and "My App Name" respectively.

The first thing I did was to buy already purchased product (test_001) and then I tried to purchase subscription (new_content_every_60_days).

On a side note:
    Shouldn't I be presented with Daydream's dialog when the product I try to buy is already purchased?

Attached Files:

4. Taoma

Taoma

@JeffDUnity3D Hi, did you manage to check the log? Any suggestions?

5. Taoma

Taoma

Bump

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

As you can view in the logs, you do have several products that appear to be not initializing:

Unavailable product 100.gold.coins -100.gold.coins

However, I don't think that is your core issue. You do initialize some products correctly, like test_001 which is failing to purchase with the error that you mention. Unfortunately we don't have immediate access to a Google Daydream system to test, so unfortunately I don't think we are going to be to provide a quick answer.

Also, it does say "Sku is owned: test_001" so you were able to purchase it once?

7. Taoma

Taoma

Thanks for replying :)

Yeah test_001 is not subscription product. I added it to test normal purchase to find the root of the problem easier.

As I said normal (non) consumable products work. The only problem I'm having with are subscription products.

The other products that don't initialize are the ones from IAP demo. I didn't think that these could be a problem but I'll check it out.

I tested this on the original Pixel phone and galaxy s9+. Same results.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You should not be able to purchase a subscription a second time, can you clarify your issue a bit more? A subscription is a non-consumable product.

9. Taoma

Taoma

test_001 is a non-consumable product (ProductType.NonConsumable).
    Buying this one worked as it should, Daydream's dialog shows up and I can buy the product.

new_content_every_60_days is subscription (ProductType.Subscription).
    Screen fades to black when I try to "purchase" subscription and then fades back without displaying Daydream's dialog.
    (This works in non-VR mode).

I tried to remove all the other products that fail to initialize with the same results.

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I wouldn't expect the dialog to display as you've already purchased it. I would expect the purchase failure callback to fire, telling you this. And you seem to be mixing initialization (a one-time IAP up front initialization) with product purchase. Your product purchase is failing, not an initialization failure. Please review the sample IAP project here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/sample-iap-project.529555/

11. Taoma

Taoma

I'm sorry for all the confusion. I digresed a little.
    Let's ignore test_001 - non-consumable product, since it's not the point of this thread. I used it to make sure IAP works. And it does.

The product I'm having problem with is the product with id: new_content_every_60_days which is a subscription (hence the title of this thread). I'm not redirected to Daydream's dialog when I try to subscribe.

I receive "billing not available" messages (adb). The view fades out to black and then back in without showing the purchase (Daydreams in-VR dialog) dialog.

As I already stated this happens in VR mode only. Works fine in non-VR mode. Native android dialog shows up as it should.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it, thanks for the update.

13. Taoma

Taoma

Just bumping the thread. No news probably?

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please test with a different user profile on your device, or create a new subscription product to test with. A subscription can only be purchased once.

15. Taoma

Taoma

I upgraded Unity IAP to 1.22.0 version, and tested with different subscription product. The result is still the same
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Purchase failed: test_sub2
    2. Unknown
    3. Store specific error code: BILLING_RESPONSE_RESULT_BILLING_UNAVAILABLE
    4. Purchase failure description message: GOOGLEPLAY_Unable to buy item (response: 3:Billing Unavailable)
    Works fine for non-subscription products.

I attached adb log.

Attached Files:

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The logs are saying "Unavailable product 100.gold.coins -100.gold.coins" and the same for all the others, please check your spelling. Please provide the code you are using to add these products and a screenshot of your Google Play product list