Search Unity

Daydream store delay after successful publish

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by 13Flo, Dec 13, 2018.

1. 13Flo

13Flo

Hi guys,

I've published a game called "Pirate Shooter" on Google Play and it has been accepted more than a month ago by the Daydream team, but it still doesn't show up in any category. Basically, the game is live, but the only way to find it is to search for "pirate" (or any other relevant keyword). And indeed, that makes it almost impossible to be discovered.

Does any of you experienced the same issue? I couldn't find any specific Daydream support to contact.
    The Google Play support is only replying with their usual automated messages and don't seem to care much about Daydream developers.

2. FMark92

FMark92

Could it be the name?

3. 13Flo

13Flo

@FMark92
    Are you aware of any policy regarding terms like "shooter"?
    Why would they even accept the game if it was because of a policy violation?

4. FMark92

FMark92

No, but I'm thinking reasons your game is getting less favorable coverage in search terms may have nothing to do with policy.
    It's rare for a game to show up in a category. Aren't those reserved only for most popular games in the moment?

5. 13Flo

13Flo

I mean... the game is not getting "less favorable coverage", it is getting no coverage at all.
    I'm not saying the game desserve to be front page. But I was not expecting it to be in no category at all. Again, the only way for players to find it is by searching for its name. This is highly frustrating considering the time I spent porting it from Oculus.

6. FMark92

FMark92

How did you market it?

7. 13Flo

13Flo

What do you mean? You can see the marketing materials here and here. I didn't invest any money in advertising (if that's what you mean).

8. FMark92

FMark92

One of those is just google play store link. The other is page of the game you ported, not the port itself. Can't call either of those marketing material since I could only find them if I googled the name directly.
    That and did you reach out to people that may be interested an post about the game on their forums / subreddits / chans / twitter groups / facebook groups?

Also did you reach out to anyone who might want to review the game for you?

9. 13Flo

13Flo

Not for now. I could invest invest some time into that one day, but I don't see how it's related to the issue I'm facing with the Daydream store :cool:

10. FMark92

FMark92

I only implied the issue may be the that nobody knows your port exists. Good luck.:cool:

11. 13Flo

13Flo

Yeah, it's true the situation would be slightly better if I had gather 200 fans on social networks.
    But all the other Daydream owners would still not know. I appreciate your replies though but I don't get your point.

12. chaosemer

chaosemer

Official Google Employee

I looked into your issue and it looks like Pirate Shooter failed Daydream testing. You should have received an email from the Google Play Team with a more detailed explanation. Unfortunately, I don't have visibility into the specifics. Often this happens because an app doesn't meet the Daydream App Quality Requirements. You can file for an appeal here if you believe that your app was rejected in error.

In the mean time your app continues to be visible in the 2D version of the Google Play Store.

13. 13Flo

13Flo

@chaosemer Thank you for your reply.

My game is published and has been accepted by the Daydream team (see screenshot). The game also shows up in Daydream store search engine (try "pirate" and you'll see it)

The problem is it doesn't show up in any category. Users can find it only by searching.

Either their's a problem with your system, either you guys don't want to see my game in any category.

FYI, I have 100K installs / 5 stars on Oculus store.

Attached Files:

14. 13Flo

13Flo

Any chance you can help me with that @chaosemer ?