Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Daydream review failure due to IAP initiate in 2D screen

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by mikey113, Apr 19, 2018.

1. mikey113

mikey113

Hello community.

I am having a hard time to pass the Daydream review with my app. The reason provided by Daydream team is following: The app switches to a 2-dimensional view unexpectedly

This is caused by user trying to buy some IAP for the first time. I was able to debug the process and find out that for some reason the acitvity handled by unity is set to com.unity.purchasing.googleplay.PurchaseActivity instead of com.unity.purchasing.googleplay.VRPurchaseActivity which is somehow set the second time when I try to purchase any product again. This cause the screen to stay in VR mode so there is no 2D screen appearing anymore.

I tried to modify the GooglePlay.aar file in unity purchasing but I was not able to merge manifest. I also tried to find some information about UnityEnine.Purchasing namespace and how IStoreListener handle Initiating purchases but the documentation provided by Unity doesn't say much about it.

So if there is anyone who came across with this before or know how I could fix this I will appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot

Snupiman likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The IAP team is aware of this issue, and it's on their road map to address in an upcoming version. No ETA at this time.

3. Snupiman

Snupiman

Could we have some more information on com.unity.purchasing.googleplay.PurchaseActivity and com.unity.purchasing.googleplay.VRPurchaseActivity activities? Are they handled by UNITY IAP API? Can we force one over the other?

Thanks.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You are welcome to try any techniques that you require. We cannot comment on workarounds that involve modifying the code without testing it thoroughly first as it might have unintended side effects. You'll need to wait for the release, or attempt your workaround.