Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us on Thursday, September 29, for a day with Unity's SRP teams here on the forum or on Reddit, and discuss topics around URP, HDRP, and the Scriptable Render Pipeline in general.
    Dismiss Notice

[Daydream renderer] Single Pass Stereo Rendering

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by kenvink, Oct 8, 2017.

1. kenvink

kenvink

Hi guys,

What is the best way to confirm Single Pass Stereo Rendering is working fine.
    When I turned it on, connected to the device, and I looked at One Frame Debugger, It still shows me that there are two sets of identical draw-call group (Opaque, Skybox, Transparent).

upload_2017-10-8_14-49-55.png

(SPR on,Daydream static lighting example)

I remember I saw only one set before, but it is hard to remember and re-confirm that.
    So I just want to learn more opinions about this.

Thanks,

2. robs_unity

robs_unity

Unity Technologies

3. jmitcheson

jmitcheson

:eek::eek::eek:

You mean to say this whole time I thought I was using SPSR and I was not? I always thought the doubling up of draw calls was some limitation in the way that the profiler was displaying the information, or something; and that the second lot of calls would actually take up less time.

Is there a mailing list or something where this would have been communicated? I can't believe I didn't know :O

4. Claytonious

Claytonious

It *is* happening on Android 8.0.0. Double SetPass/double draw call.

5. Claytonious

Claytonious

6. kenvink

kenvink

Thanks guys, in the previous version of Android, I got it working but super unstable.
    I have to start the app in landscape mode otherwise it will just crash.
    So I upgraded to new android and feel that it is way more stable.
    But then I realized that Single Pass Rendering was not there any more.

The idea to start the app in landscape mode is from here:
    https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk/issues/709

7. robs_unity

robs_unity

Unity Technologies

unityunity