Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Daydream issues with 2019.1.1 and LWRP

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by virtualHCIT, May 5, 2019.

1. virtualHCIT

virtualHCIT

I'm trying to get Daydream to work with LWRP in 2019.1.1. The first issue I faced was that the app wasn't launching in VR due to the daydream libraries not being found. I had to install both the official Google package from the Google Daydream website and the Google VR package from Unity's package manager to get it to work, otherwise I would get an error saying
    Unity Google VR Error [null]: Exception initializing GoogleVR from Unity library. Didn't find class "com.unity3d.unitygvr.GoogleVR" on path

Now I'm trying to get LWRP to work but all I get is a blue screen (Galaxy S9) when testing the HelloVR sample scene from the Google package. Are there any extra settings needed for Daydream to work with LWRP?

tmendez likes this.
  2. Benjams

Benjams

Unity Technologies

Disabling the GvrInstantPreviewMain gameObject in the HelloVR scene should resolve your LWRP issue. Also, ensure that you are using OpenGLES3, Single Pass stereo rendering mode, and have set LWRP as the Scriptable Render Pipeline target in Graphics Settings. You may also need to update the materials in the scene to use LWRP shaders.

The issue with GoogleVR package not being loaded is a known issue.

virtualHCIT likes this.
  3. virtualHCIT

virtualHCIT

Thank you Benjams, disabling GvrInstantPreviewMain fixed it (I had all the other ones done already).

Last edited: May 7, 2019