Search Unity

Daydream hybrid app needs API 24

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by Cenda, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Cenda

Cenda

Hello, after update to Unity 2018.2 I can not build my project with lower API

upload_2018-8-3_11-20-52.png

It is working well in 2018.1. I understand that daydream need it. But if you have app where Daydream is only optional, it is big limitation, because you need Android 7.0+ devices only.

Is there any hack for build? Or I have to stay with Unity 2018.1.

Thanks

2. Cenda

Cenda

I found solution :) Problem is not the new version of Unity, but settings in the XR Setting in the PlayerSettings. If you have None, Cardboard and Daydream, you can build project with Android 4.4. If you change it to: None and Daydream only, it restrict you to Android 7.0+. It would be nice to have no restriction, when None is present in the XR Settings.

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

What is your use case? Why are you using None?

4. Cenda

Cenda

5. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Adding None doesn't change the target SDK requirements as specified to us by Google. If you enable VR and you have Daydream, you have to target SDK 24. If you want to support non-VR scenarios your only options are 1) Add Cardboard as you have done or 2) Specifically build different APKs, one with VR enabled and Daydream set and one with VR Disabled (similar to what you would have to do to target Oculus and Daydream). You can write custom build scripts that allow you to enable and disable VR for different builds if that is how you want to proceed.