Search Unity

(daydream)Gvr* working on editor but not in build versión

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ShadownHeart, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ShadownHeart

ShadownHeart

Hi!
    While working in unity editor GvrController and GvrViewer function properly, but when I build the .apk on the mobile it doesn´t work. It is like it doesn´t dettect de funcitons. Anyone else got this problem ?

Code example. In editor the game pauses and the sound is played, but while testing the build version on the mobile does nothing.
    Code (csharp):
    1. if (GvrController.ClickButton) {
    2.             SoundManager.playSFX (managerSounds.sounds[0]);
    3.             checkPause ();
    4.         }

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. mira_leung

mira_leung

Official Google Employee

The GvrViewer codepath runs only in-editor, and not on-device. GvrController should definitely be working - could you ensure that Daydream is enabled in Player Settings, and try to repro on the GVRDemo scene?

3. FloBeber

FloBeber

Hello @mira_leung, I have the same kind of issue. My app works well in the editor with the Controller Emulator APK, but not when installed on device. I can't get the Daydream controller to be detected.

I do have Daydream enabled in Player Settings.
    Using Unity 5.6.

Any idea?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. ShadownHeart

ShadownHeart

Hi!
    I solved my issue. Debugging live on device with debugger-mode of MonoDevelopEditor I found that part of my code was throwing an error/crash. The code itself was ok, but probably the device couldn't handle/compatibility part of it.
    Hope it helps!

5. Dfabula

Dfabula

could you tell me plesase in wich part of the code as the error please?

6. ShadownHeart

ShadownHeart

The problem was within the SoundManager class, loading the music and sounds from a ScriptableObjects (as in the example code) causes an error on the device (That's what I think it was, I haven`t fully debugged the error yet).