Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Daydream bug causing Google Play rejection: "The app does not suppress system bars"

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by NickKaman, Feb 22, 2017.

1. NickKaman

NickKaman

Hey, I recently submitted my Daydream app for review on Google Play and one of the errors they sent back stated "The app does not suppress system bars". We have both the system bar and navigation bar suppressed during gameplay but there is a bug where the game brings up the navigation bar for two seconds when it launches from the Daydream platform.

It seems like other developers are running into this issue too:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1315310/android-app-does-not-suppress-system-bars-in-vr.html

Is there anyone at Unity with some insight into this and how to solve it?

Thanks,

Nick

shmyt likes this.
  2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Without seeing your project I can't tell you a whole lot. Are you merging in another manifest file that may be causing problems? What VR devices are you targeting for Android and what order are they in your list? Are you manually transitioning to VR mode?

shmyt likes this.
  3. kexar66

kexar66

It is happening also in empty 5.6.0b9 project targeting Daydream VR. You will see system bar for a second before splash screen. It is also happening when you want to show Unity IAP Google Play dialog in Daydream mode.

shmyt likes this.
  4. shmyt

shmyt

As kexar66 say, I gat a same issue with google pixel + OS X 10.11.6 + empty 5.6.0b9 project targeting Daydream VR.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  5. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

AFAIK Unity is doing everything it needs to do to stop this. Not sure why this is happening but will investigate.

shmyt likes this.
  6. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Reproduced and fix verified. Should be fixed in an upcoming release.

Dirrogate, MrEsquire and shmyt like this.
  7. shmyt

shmyt

Great! Thank you joejo!

8. TimurB

TimurB

But what caused this? Is there something we can do now?

shmyt likes this.
  9. shmyt

shmyt

Hi, joejo. I gat a same issue with empty 5.6.0b10 project + google pixel + OS X 10.11.6.
    Shall we do something to Androidmanifest?

10. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

AFAIK there is no way to resolve this using the manifest. You'll need to wait for the code fix to come out, hopefully in b11.

11. shmyt

shmyt

I understood. Thanks for your feedback.

12. paramlabs

paramlabs

When can we expect b11 to come? Our daydream app is pending release due to this bug. Each time we get the same automatic observation that it does not suppress system bars.

Thanks

13. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Our 5.6.0b11 build is already under QA since this morning. Unless we find critical problems, it should be out in the next few days.

14. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

If this doesn't make b11, it will definitely be in rc1.

15. tepiavr

tepiavr

Following up on b11 release today. Was this issue corrected?

16. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Yes.

17. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

From the 5.6.0b11 release notes:
    • VR: Fixed issue with NavBar visibility that was causing Daydream apps to fail Play Store submission. (885518)

18. paramlabs

paramlabs

5.6.0b11 seems to have fixed the System bar visibility issue. However it has a bug which does not set android.software.vr.mode in the final apk despite having it set in manifest file so Daydream does not even allow submitting this app suggesting to enable VR mode.

19. Yahart

Yahart

NavBar visibility was fixed after app start in b11, but not when displaying IAP dialog via Unity In-App Purchasing. Can this be fixed too please? My app is still rejected because of this.

Confirming that in b11 there is missing android.software.vr.mode in android manifest.