Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Daydream App with Unity - Walking Around in a Town

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by rehahoshanli, Mar 16, 2018.

1. rehahoshanli

rehahoshanli

Hey all,

I have not done any VR development and now I would like to make a basic Daydream App via Unity; a small town where a person can walk around and have pre-scripted conversations with other people (single player).

I have installed the Unity, Daydream and ran their first demo with my Pixel device. I find dozens of tutorials on how to build VR apps via Unity however looks like content about Daydream is pretty limited. So I followed Unity generic tutorial, added some assets but having compiler errors when I am trying to Play and test. I have a couple of questions before spending some more hours on this;
    1- Can I use any Unity content and simply add Daydream controller afterwards? or else how can I understand what Unity functionalities I can use for Daydream?
    2- Would anyone suggest an up to date tutorial that is close to the idea that I can follow?

Thanks a lot

2. reedny

reedny

I think your best bet is to make a copy of the GVRDemo scene, get that running on Windows Unity Editor and your phone, and then begin to add the features that you want. That way you have a working example with the Daydream controller, which is required for Daydream apps.

rehahoshanli likes this.
  3. rehahoshanli

rehahoshanli

Thanks. Done that and used Tunneling element from Daydream library