Search Unity

Daydream and TrackedPoseDriver component

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by DAVcoHL, Nov 22, 2017.

1. DAVcoHL

DAVcoHL

Should the UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.TrackedPoseDriver component work with Daydream? I've played around with various combinations of settings and I cannot seem to get a reaction (Daydream SDK 1.110.0, Unity 2017.2.0p1)

Are there plans for this component to support Daydream in the future?

2. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

Yes, there are plans!

The main issue is that we need to be able to support Arm Models for 3dof controllers on daydream as simply reading the device data is not sufficient for google's submission process.

We're currently looking into this, for now you'll need to use the google plugin to get daydream controller information. We'll update again when we have this working!.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  3. Claytonious

Claytonious

Did this ever progress?

4. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

Yes, its currently in progress. We'll update when we have a firm release window :)

Claytonious likes this.
  5. DAVcoHL

DAVcoHL

I'm also still interested for the roadmap for this; we're looking forward to receiving a Lenovo Mirage Solo headset soon, which uses the Daydream 3DoF controller, but has 6DoF head-tracking. Built-in Unity support for this would be great!

6. BrendanLoBuglio

BrendanLoBuglio

Hey @Matt_D_work, does this package listed on the Unity website have any bearing on the roadmap to get 3DOF arm models supported with TrackedPoseDrivers? The language on the page seems to express that such a feature already exists, although strangely, adding
    unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers
    to the project's manifest.json doesn't actually import any arm of the models described on the page -- it just pulls in an implementation of TrackedPoseDriver that conflicts with the one already defined in UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.

Is the code described on the page actually available anywhere, or is the information out-of-date?

7. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

they're actually part of the 2.0 version of the package.

The arm models are pose providers (monobehaviours) that sit alongside the tracked pose driver, and you connect them using the pose provider field on the TPD.

8. BrendanLoBuglio

BrendanLoBuglio

So @Matt_D_work, I'm actually getting an error when I add "com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers": "2.0.0" to the manifest.json:

An error occurred while resolving packages:
    Project has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers: Package [com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers@2.0.0] cannot be found

It does seem to accept 1.0.0, and when that package is added the Package Manager UI lists the 1.0.0 as the highest possible version (but with the problems listed in my original post):

upload_2019-4-11_14-35-16.png

Could the name of the package identifier have changed and not been documented? Or is there another place besides the package manager that I should be looking for this code?

9. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

the correct version is 2.0.2 :) if you're modifying your manifest manually that should work. otherwise it should be on production. ill follow up on the package manager window thing.