Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Day In Progress on Data Explorer

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by andymads, Jan 19, 2015.

1. andymads

andymads

I integrated on Friday, today is Monday, and on the Data Explorer it's showing Saturday and Sunday as 'Day In Progress'. Is this typical?

2. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hey andymads,

Thanks for bringing this up! No, this not typical, and you should only see the shaded "Day in Progress" bar on the current day (i.e., Monday, 1/19).

I just took a look at your dashboard and "Day in Progress" is working correctly now, but if you see this error again, please reply to this post or submit a support request here and we'll look into it.

3. andymads

andymads

Well it's now 8:20am on Tuesday 20th Jan but this is what I see:

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 08.10.18.png

Also I integrated the IAPs yesterday morning (22 hours ago) and did one purchase from the iOS device to the Sandbox. I provided product, price, currency code and receipt. Should I see that?

4. andymads

andymads

And here it only displays up to 2 days ago.

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 08.29.51.png

5. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hey andymads,

Here's what we think is going on:
    Re: Day in Progress - your dashboard is updated after we’ve received data and after a processing cycle has occurred. In general, the processing cycle occurs roughly every 4-6 hours. Dashboard dates are based on UTC time, which could to lead to some cases where you might not see data until much later in the day. For example, let’s say a processing cycle occurred at 5:30 am UTC, however the first data event is sent at 5:45 am UTC time. The first data event just missed the 5:30 am processing cycle, so you’ll need to wait until the next processing cycle (another 4-6 hours) has completed before you start seeing data on your dashboard.

The scenario that you are observing (where the dashboard isn't updated until later in the day) is much more likely occur when you’re testing your app, and there is low DAU (and hence, not a lot of data points).

For future reference, here's a link to a Unity Analytics FAQ.

Re: IAP - if you go to Data Explorer and select the metrics "Number of Unverified Transactions" and "Unverified Revenue" you'll be able to see the purchases from iOS device to the sandbox. If you've enabled receipt verification, you won't see these test transactions on the Metric Monitor screen, because that only displays transactions that are verified with a matching receipt from either iTunes or Google Play.

Hope this is helpful - please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

6. vd_unity

vd_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi andymads,
    We tried to reproduce the graph based on the image you provided, but with no success. You should be able to see data from the date you completed integration up until the most recent data point we've received.

We'll keep an eye out for this issue, but please know that until we are able to successfully reproduce the issue, we won't be able to push out a fix.

Thx,
    Vlatko (Platform Engineer, Unity Analytics)

7. andymads

andymads

When you say "enabled receipt verification" do you simply mean passing the iOS receipt through via the Transaction call? I don't recall seeing anything to explicitly enable it.

Also, it looks like events sent via the editor appear too. A segment that filtered out those events would be useful I think.

Thanks.

8. chris-unity

chris-unity

Hi andymads,

Correct, by passing an App Store receipt in the transaction event call, you are enabling receipt verification. All transactions with receipts that cannot be verified through the App Store server are marked as "unverified."

Thanks,
    Chris

9. angeloferro

angeloferro

Thanks for the suggestion - we're thinking of how best to implement separating test events from live events, and we'll make sure to keep you all updated :)

10. andymads

andymads

@chris-unity our game that we integrated Unity Analytics into has now been available on the App Store for a week now. I can see in the dashboard that we've had over a plenty of users but the verified revenue is zero, which is incorrect. We're passing through the receipts from Apple so can you have a look where it's failing please?

11. aboazar

aboazar

Hey Guys dos anyone has this issue or is it something that am doing wrong, please help my game is in test mode now and I can't see any usefulstatistics. I created a funnel when I implemented unity analytics and all was good, 30 days a go I created a new funnel and it filters same data, but here what I am seeing now.
    I tried to create a new one but the same thing, Processing...
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.39.32 PM.png
    when I click on one of the processing funnel, it always pops this message.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.39.44 PM.png

Any suggestions?

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Keep in mind that funnels only process events that were sent AFTER the funnel was created. So likely this new funnel has not seen the (new) event yet that triggers the first step.

13. aboazar

aboazar

Thank you for answering @JeffDUnity3D, this message has been showing for a month and still showing, each time I click my funnel I see this message, it must be a bug in the system.

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Likely not a bug. We are most likely still waiting for your first event with the parameter value that you have specified in your funnel. If this isn't received, then the funnel will stay in Processing. If you want us to check our backend, please open a support ticket so that you can securely provide your ProjectID/UPID. Go to the Support tab in the Analytics Dashboard to submit a ticket, and we will investigate.

15. mattydidsomething

mattydidsomething

Hi, sorry to respond to a necro thread but I'm also experiencing the issue that the first poster, andymads, did where despite days having passed (and having definitely passed through a processing cycle) it states Day In Progress.

chrome_NEHWvwgqEB.png

I'm using this data for an MA project (with a rapidly approaching deadline) so just wanted to see if there was any particular reason for the greyed out days.

Thanks, M

16. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

It's a know issue and we are currently fixing it. I will let you know the latest news.

17. yosi1202

yosi1202

also got the problem in the past few days:
    upload_2019-12-17_9-42-4.png

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, we are currently experiencing delays and hopefully will be caught up soon.

19. christianmahler

christianmahler

Are you having problems again? Seeing this at the moment.

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, we are currently experiencing delays, and hope to be caught up today

21. dmarqs

dmarqs

Hi, I'm having this issue now. It's not updating for the last days, as seen in the screenshot.

I believe it's still experiencing delays?

Attached Files:

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That does look like the case, unfortunately we have frequent delays. So just keep trying after some time.

23. dmarqs

dmarqs

It's still not working at all, for days now. =/

and I know I'm having players because I have AppsFlyer installed too (since the beginning of times) and it shows me that it has players, around 600 by day.

Attached Files:

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  24. christianmahler

christianmahler

I can confirm this too, thinking about switching to Firebase.

25. mountainmarc1972

mountainmarc1972

It's now wednesday february 5 and the last day we had data from in the data explorer is sunday february 2. Without the live stream and with these frequent delays we are missing a lot of important information.

26. stroibot

stroibot

Hey, so, it's been several days and it's always "Day In Progress"
    upload_2021-5-18_20-22-25.png

DEVGRU9 and eriklundstrom like this.
  27. DEVGRU9

DEVGRU9

Same here, our dashboard shows "Day In Progress" from 5/15 as well. Perhaps it's an outage?

stroibot likes this.
  28. SeriouslyRichMan

SeriouslyRichMan

Same problem, "Day In Progress" from 5/16.

stroibot likes this.
  29. TopBananaShana

TopBananaShana

I've experiencing the same, all data stops at 5/16 so I have nothing from 17th and 18th. Glad to hear it's not just an issue with my project! I was scared it somehow stopped sending data, hoping this is just a delay in the system and we get our data when it catches up.

stroibot likes this.
  30. CraftyWeazel

CraftyWeazel

Same here, stopped since 5/16, was considering opening a ticket but it seems to be the same for you all.

31. Rodoleia

Rodoleia

I am in the same boat. Days in progress since may 16, also new funnels still in "Data Processing" state. Will it be any comment from Unity officials?

32. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

There was a delay in the processing of Analytics data in the past few days, and our engineer team is fixing this problem. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, I'll post here if the problem has been fixed.

stroibot and CraftyWeazel like this.
  33. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

The Analytics data processing is currently delayed. The data from May 17th is still in progress, so you will not yet see complete data in your dashboard.

The team is currently working to get the data processing caught up as soon as possible. No data has been lost due to this issue.

We expect the data to be fully caught up by this weekend, barring any additional issues.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-analytics-data-delay-starting-may-16th.1112830/

Munchy2007 likes this.
  34. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

The data before 2021-05-22 is up to date.

35. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

All the data has been caught up and this problem should have been resolved.

36. Aurigan

Aurigan

37. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

38. Aurigan

Aurigan

This game is on itch.io and I'm also using PlayFab - both report in that range.

39. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide a Charles capture to confirm.

40. Aurigan

Aurigan

Attached Files:

41. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It's still encrypted, but I can tell no events are being sent. If this is a WebGL game, note that you would need to call Analytics.FlushEvents() after every Analytics.CustomEvent call, a known issue on that platform.

42. Aurigan

Aurigan

Unencrypted log attached (couldn't get SSL proxy working in Firefox, Chrome was OK though) ... looks like there are events being sent eg:

{"common":{"appid":"local.ccae9fff92509446081f8b2044fce74a","userid":"f6c058687768caf3084f92aee4c91129","sessionid":31884072620031515,"platform":"WebGL","platformid":17,"sdk_ver":"u2020.3.8f1","sdk_rev":"507919d4fff5","session_count":1,"localprojectid":"ccae9fff92509446081f8b2044fce74a","build_guid":"3eb2c730fb4307d42bb191f432810310","deviceid":"n/a","identity_token":"f6c058687768caf3084f92aee4c91129"}}
    {"type":"analytics.appStart.v1","msg":{"previous_sessionid":0,"ts":1621872856374,"t_since_start":2172869}}

Are the logged events not enough for users to be showing up in UA?

Attached Files:

43. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes that helps. Those events are not going to your dashboard, note the appid = "local.ccae9fff92509446081f8b2044fce74a" and not 700e2275-c43b-4221-a416-9951ec6e829. Did you change the projectID during your build process?

44. Aurigan

Aurigan

Not knowingly! As a sanity check this is what Analytics settings looks like in Unity. Pressing Play doesn't change anything - is that expected?

upload_2021-5-24_9-30-13.png

Unity 2020.3.8, using addressables, umm ... anything else that might be helpful?

45. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Aurigan Yes that is expected in the Editor. You will need to push a new release. Build the project, and confirm the appID in Charles Proxy.

46. Aurigan

Aurigan

Rebuilt, same issue ... I found that incorrect ID (ccae9fff92509446081f8b2044fce74a) in my ProjectSettings.asset
    I tried unlinking/relinking the project in Services then rebuilding ... and got this error:

upload_2021-5-24_10-25-26.png

Said 'no' to that dialog and rebuilt and ... build worked, ID in project settings didn't change though. Couldn't see any way to manually change the ID in the Editor so I closed it out and manually edited ProjectSettings.asset to have the expected ID, reopened Unity, rebuilt, got the same 'you are not a member of this project' error, rebuilt again ... and now the events contain that ID.

Hmm.

So ... there are several things going wrong here:

1. That missing project ID dialog for no good reason.
    2. I have no idea where that bad ID came from - can you see if it was ever/is currently a valid project ID?
    3. Unity Editor is showing the right ID even though the ProjectSettings.asset has a different one, with no way to change it.
    4. I would expect the HTTP response from using an invalid project ID to error but it wasn't so ... IDK!

... None of which has anything to do with Analytics being delayed which was what this thread was about so please feel free to delete our conversation and/or move it somewhere else! Thanks for the help, hopefully it'll now work as expected.