Search Unity

Database disk image is malformed

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by agithore, Jan 10, 2015.

1. agithore

agithore

So the other day I was importing an assetpack and suddenly started getting this error:

"Fatal Error!:
    Database disk image is malformed
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

Now I can't import anything else because I keep getting the same error and can't even delete any of the files I have because the error won't let me and unity crashes before the files can be deleted. :(

Help would be appreciated! :)

2. agithore

agithore

Anyone? Please... :/

3. MakeCodeNow

MakeCodeNow

Really not sure but you can try deleting your Library folder (which stores cached versions of assets).

4. agithore

agithore

If anyone's wondering, I fixed this by simply copying my assets and pasting them into a fresh project.

5. Julien-Lynge

Julien-Lynge

I can verify the same error message appearing whenever I attempted to do a build. Deleting & rebuilding the Library did do the trick. Using 4.6.1f1.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

My case: I suddenly started getting the fatal error when I tried opening my project.
    "Fatal Error!:
    Database disk image is malformed"

I realized that it was crashing while loading some of the shaders. In the library folder it maintains CrashedAssetImports where it keeps a not of what file caused the crash. I found that it was all shaders. I tried deleting the assetDatabase3 file in the library file (which probably is a guide for all the assets that Unity registered for the project). on the next launch it rebuilt the assetDatabase3 afresh. However, the error persisted. Finally I deleted the 'Library' folder and that did the trick. On the next launch it recreated the 'Library' folder and successfully launched the project.

7. Ploopy1235

Ploopy1235

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem as you. What are you referring to when you say 'Library' Folder? I am confused

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

/Assets
    /Library <-- delete this one
    /Packages
    etc.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  9. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

Still seeing this in 2019.3.6. Deleting the library cures it for a while, but it comes back. I also get a bunch of these:

"cannot start a transaction within a transaction"

10. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

UPDATE: Deleting library doesn't work any more. I get these messages constantly now

11. JuleyOrSomething

JuleyOrSomething

I got this issue after I created my own database with unity. At the beginning, everything work fine until today, when suddenly my entire code stopped working due to 'Database disk image is malformed'.
    I created a new sqlite/database-file, since the original one was somehow corrupted. Depending on how you use databases in your project, this won't work - but if you create your own database, you can try re-creating the file.

12. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

The problem mysteriously went away, but thanks for the reply.

13. clintcampbell

clintcampbell

I went to the library folder and looked at the most recently changed files and then deleted just those DB files that had changed. Now it is reimporting the library but seems to have fixed things.