Search Unity

Feedback Data Explorer shows abnormal geography change for some users

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by FernandoChenUJ, Nov 25, 2021.

1. FernandoChenUJ

FernandoChenUJ

Hi everyone.

We noticed that Data Explorer reports a huge fall in China and a huge hike in Japan on November 2nd. We cross checked other analytics platforms like Google Firebase and AppsFlyer and this change is only observed in Unity Analytics.
    No new version of the game was released and no remote configure were applied that day.
    Does anyone experience similar change in geography data recently? Any thoughts?

Fernando Chen

2. unity_Ctri

unity_Ctri

Unity Technologies

Hey Fernando,

PIPL (China's version of COPPA and GDPR) came into full force recently, it's the cause in the fall in traffic.
    We're aware of PIPL and the new UGS Analytics back end and SDK shuold support that as of Monday.

Can you verify if you're using the legacy Analytics (Which does not support PIPL) or the new UGS Analytics? Checking if there's an Analytics package installed for your game like so would be the easiest indicator that you're using UGS Analytics.
    upload_2021-11-25_11-58-19.png

If there's no package installed, it would suggest you're using the legacy analytics service, for which I don't believe there are plans to make the necessary changes to support PIPL's requirements.

Hope this helps. If there's feedback or questions we can further help with, please let us know!

3. FernandoChenUJ

FernandoChenUJ

Hi unity_Ctri

Thanks for the feedback. We are indeed using the legacy Analytics so that explain the fall in China, but what about the hike in Japan? Any chance that the data from China misplaced?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@FernandoChenUJ Please send me your Unity ProjectID in a private message and I'll take a look