Search Unity

Dastardly Banana -(Free) FPS Weapons Package UPDATE- 0.95

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jason_DB, Mar 29, 2010.

1. petermauldin

petermauldin

Just saw the video, looks great!

2. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

Bump for new video and updated features list. It's getting very close to done (and we should be making an announcement with specifics about its release in the near future).

3. InterstellarGames

InterstellarGames

What an epic weapon pack, do you plan to make it available for mobile / ios ?
    And also, would it be hard to use them with a 3rd person camera setup I have going already?

4. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

We are planning to make it iOS compatible, but we won't include any specific iOS controls to start with (we may work on that later). For the 3rd person camera - I think it wouldn't be too hard, but it is an FPS-focused package so you would probably have to work around the systems in some cases to make it work.

5. MirageUY

MirageUY

IT LOOKS AWESOME!!
    but i some error when i try to use the Player controller the prefab that comes with your package it says "error: input button crouch is not set up

and is there a way to change the ammo theme i mean not that white little ammo theme.

and jas. files have an error
    Cheetah 3D '.jas' file importing is not supported on Windows. (is there any problem with these?)

and what is the best SO to work with this package because it has errors on windows -.-

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  6. coin-god

coin-god

What errors does it have on windows?

You have to set up the inputs, read unity tutorials...

The cheetah error is only a warning, don't pay attention to that.

7. MirageUY

MirageUY

^nothing just that error

how i make the 4 new inputs ??

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  8. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

Got to Project Settings ---> Inputs

(also thanks to coingod for catching that question before I even saw it!)

For the ammo display - you'll be able to change it, the little box is just there as a placeholder.

9. MirageUY

MirageUY

OK i got into "axes" what should i do now?

.Go to Edit-->Project Settings-->Input and add four new Inputs
    how i do this part -.-

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  10. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

11. MirageUY

MirageUY

Hhahaha tnks, but i was coming here to say that i fixed it :D, tnks anyways. I have one question? How can i make weapon models and add all your scripts to it? reload and all that things? or just a weapon model

12. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

It's the opposite, actually. Just add your model onto the prefab weapon.

13. jocyf

jocyf

To make a proyectile accuracy (spread) i just changed the code like this (v.95) :

In GameScriptEditor i Exposed the spread vars in the "if(gunTipo == gunTypes.launcher)" piece of code that exists in normal gun type.

And change the gunscript.cs in the function "FireOneProjectile ()":
    Chaged this line (actually there are two lines, 510 515):
    instantiatedProjectile1.velocity = transform.TransformDirection(Vector3 (0, 0, initialSpeed));
    with this:
    instantiatedProjectile1.velocity = direction* initialSpeed;

That's all.

14. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@Joycf We did something similar for the 1.0 version, since we wanted to make it possible to use a projectile weapon to simulate bullet drop (like for a sniping game).

15. boco

boco

16. Grow

Grow

I have errors in this project

17. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@Grow did you follow the initial setup instructions? What are the errors?

@boco looks cool! I always like games where the ships and such are open to walk around in. I've been keeping up on the videos since we're friends on youtube.
    Looking forward to SF again next year!

18. LewyUK

LewyUK

Hi,

I've been watching your video on the new v1 version. I'm eagerly waiting on it. Any news on when it'll arrive?

Keep up the great work, it looks awesome!

19. assassinof1337

assassinof1337

v1 looks amazing, keep up the good work! I'm just wondering, will models shown in the preview video be included in the package? I only ask because my modeling skill is about that of a goat on crack.

20. lordaddament

lordaddament

Thanks banana!!! You saved me 40+ hours of trying to understand how to model using Blender :)

21. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@assassinof1337 I'm not sure if every model will be included, but there will definitely be several that cover the different types of weapons and showcase the different animations that you can use.

And for both you and lordaddament I would suggest checking out Turbosquid, since it has a ton of free weapon models (my models are meant to be mostly placeholders, since I am not really much of a 3d artist).

22. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

For anyone getting compile errors in the package after updating to Unity 3.4 - it is caused by the new compiler and can be fixed by changing a single line (line 16 in 'aimmode' needs to change from 'private var aiming : boolean;' to 'var aiming : boolean;'). We are also updating the package, but it probably won't be necessary to download it.

23. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Well somehow i do agree about that. It doesn't necessary to update it or redownload it, but I think it's better if you put a note at the first post about this change ( in case if someone didn't want to read the thread and just go straight redownload the package :) )

24. LewyUK

LewyUK

Sorry to bother you again, but is there a release date for v1? I'm so eager so try it out! The charge feature sounds awesome :)

25. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@rea Good idea. I should make sure the first page reflects all the most recent news.

@LewyUK before the end of August. I'm really excited about the charge weapons (since they open up a lot of new options). I might do a blog post detailing how to do special charge weapons (like the seeker missiles and orbital laser), although the focus is just on getting through the update.

26. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Wow, your package looks awesome! Good job!

27. bywewe

bywewe

please help, whenever i play the demo scene in version 0.95. it keeps getting the error to input the button you want to crouch in the script. how do i put down the button "c" so when i click c it would crouch. and also same with reload, i put the button "r" and it wouldn't reload the gun i have when i click r. please reply quick.

28. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

29. boco

boco

And I look forward as well :D I loving your work man thus far and it has inspired me. I Look forward to seeing more of your work.

30. Mauri

Mauri

Just a info: The 1.0-preview-video from the first posting can't be watched in germany because it contains music from UMG. :(

31. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Wow, I watched the 1.0 preview, and it was awesome! Keep up the good work, and thanks!

32. DavidLH

DavidLH

when is v 1.0 coming out?

33. LaneFox

LaneFox

34. Retronamic

Retronamic

Where can we donate or contribute to the project?

35. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@Retronamic There is a donate button on our site, but since the 1.0 version will most likely be a paid product you can just wait and support us by buying it :). We also have several packages for sale on activeden (a spawn controller and an upgrade system for our FPS stuff).

36. SpreadcampShay

SpreadcampShay

Hey Jason, I'd love to see the preview video but YouTube gives me this: "Unfortunately, this UMG-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights."

Happens to alot of Unity videos (including some tutorials) lately that use unlicensed music. Maybe you can show us a no-music version? :)

37. Rapidz

Rapidz

What, i thought you said 1.0 was a free product >_>

38. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

It was planned to be at one time, but it would have been much smaller. The early versions have been (and will continue to be) free, but the 1.0 will be a separate paid product.

Also @ Darky I'm looking into the best way to handle that- I'm not sure whether to just put the video up on my site or post another youtube video especially for German users who can't view the original.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  39. mikevanman

mikevanman

any ETA yet, I'm back to uni in 3 weeks do you think it will be out before then. keep up the great work

40. LewyUK

LewyUK

Will there be a trial or a package with lets say only one weapon or something, so we know what we're buying?

41. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@LewyUK there will be a demo scene to try playing it, and the documentation will be available on our site to see the process of using it.

42. assassinof1337

assassinof1337

What happened, this was supposed to come out a month ago. I'm not trying to complain, take all the time you need to make it good. I just want to know why its taking longer than expected.

43. TehWut

TehWut

It's paid now? Doh.

I really need that 1.0 though.....
    also this:

44. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

It should be coming out soon. It's feature complete but scheduling issues, documentation, and preparing it for the asset store have delayed the release.

45. DavidLH

DavidLH

where can i get it?

46. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

It's not out yet.

47. crockett

crockett

looking pretty nice. IMO you should speed up the plasma cannon quite a bit it's projectiles appears to move far too slow and IMO didn't not appear to have the range I'd expect. IMO it's seems it should be mimicking a grenade launcher. The seeking missile also seemed a bit slow for the same reasons..but it's a pretty cool idea.

example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzt3yTXvuTw

Just seems to fire travel much faster than your launcher example. Otherwise it's looking very nice, I might grab it to play around with when you release it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  48. lordaddament

lordaddament

Is this going to be free or another donator only thing? if so then awesome, if not then i pay up

49. squid

squid

awesome product dudes. if have a couple pf questions:

- how to make it were you have to hold down the crouch button to make the person crouch and how to make ammo pickable in the game so players can pick up ammo for different guns.

50. TehWut

TehWut

gargh, dont remind of this thread, I'm itching for it to come out...