Search Unity

Dashboard configuration username

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by JurjenBiewenga, Apr 6, 2020.

1. JurjenBiewenga

JurjenBiewenga

Hey,

We've recently set up Unity Accelerator using the docker container and we've set a password in the configuration file. However we can't seem to log in to the Configuration or Logs tab on the dashboard because we don't know the default username.
    Is this documented somewhere?

2. bradunity

bradunity

Apologies for that, @JurjenBiewenga . The username portion is ignored, so you can put anything you like in that field.

Additionally, I'd like to mention that the password field in the unity-accelerator.cfg file is not stored in the clear. If you added it to the file yourself, it will not validate when attempting to login. Instead, you'll need to use the built-in tool as I describe here.

We are planning to add a mechanism to set this via an environment variable for Docker deployments in the future to make this process a little easier.

3. JurjenBiewenga

JurjenBiewenga

Ah cheers @bradunity. I missed the part where running the tool should be in the same directory. Everything seems to work fine now!

bradunity likes this.
  4. maxiboch

maxiboch

Just a quick note for anyone stumbling upon this on google in 2021, the Accelerator does now respect the username field, and won't log you in if you leave it blank. You'll be able to see this in the logs, provided you eventually log in succesfully:

Code (CSharp):
    1.   {
    2.     "level": "info",
    3.     "ts": "2021-10-12T17:22:26.063-0400",
    4.     "msg": "account not found",
    5.     "agent_id": "Server_id",
    6.     "agent_name": "Server",
    7.     "component": "httpservice",
    8.     "subprocess_id": 8,
    9.     "username": ""
    10.   }