Search Unity

Assets DarkWPN - [WIP] Unlimited weapon design model kit

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SimonStojanovski, Jan 29, 2019.

1. SimonStojanovski

SimonStojanovski

Hi everyone,
    so I have been working on this model kit for about a month and I think I am ready to announce it and start to gather some feedback and just to check myself If I'm going in the right direction with this.

DarkWPN is a collection of modular 3d models for creating really good looking weapons for your 3rd person or First person games.

Currently I am still in the modeling phase and have just some quick tests and renders to show, which should give you a general idea of what I am going for.

Planned Features:
    - 100+ modular parts
    - 4k textures with PBR workflow
    - Script for creating texture atlases of the combined weapon materials

Currently I have no intention of providing animated parts and will probably stay that way but all the models will be separated functionally and could easily be animated by the user.
    The poly count of a fully created weapon with all the attachments should be around 15 000 to 40 000 tris depending of the complexity ofc.

Let me know what you think, any suggestions and comments are welcomed and encouraged :)

Cheers

Deleted User likes this.
  2. amcagurban

amcagurban

Hi @SimonStojanovski
    Models and materials both seem perfect! I loved them, I'll be one of the first customers of you. By the way, will you prepare and include animations in the asset? It would be great. Also I think you can also make a animated modular arm, it would be great, too. These are just advices, you don't have to do. It's though great :) Keep it up.

Regards,
    amcagurban

3. SimonStojanovski

SimonStojanovski

Thanks, glad you like it , even in this early stage.
    Sadly I won't make any animation for this asset of any kind as all the parts will be modular, I think it will be limiting to the design choices you can make.

4. amcagurban

amcagurban

You're totally right. Animations would limit the combinations of parts. I prefer limitless combination in comparison of Limitless combinations vs animated weapons. Limitless combinations sound really interesting, of course..
    Btw, If you need a tester in the future, here's a volunteer..

SimonStojanovski likes this.
  5. John3D

John3D

Great looking weapons! Congrats!

SimonStojanovski and amcagurban like this.
  6. SimonStojanovski

SimonStojanovski

Just a quick update of some quick combinations I did with the current parts I have.

amcagurban likes this.
  7. InstinctDevs

InstinctDevs

Hey!
    These look awesome and i like the modularity part of it too.
    These models are great and if you need a 2nd modeler i would be happy to work with you.

8. amcagurban

amcagurban

I amazed, they're all great! Really liked them :)

9. SimonStojanovski

SimonStojanovski

Thanks and thanks you for the offer but I think I got it covered, almost 80% done with the models anyway.

Thanks, will try to make a video of the process of making a weapon from "scratch" in the coming days.

amcagurban likes this.
  10. amcagurban

amcagurban

This would be really great! I'm waiting for it :)

11. SimonStojanovski

SimonStojanovski

Just a quick preview of the various scopes and sights for the weapons, still work in progress though.
    Just 15 more parts and I can finally switch to texturing :D