Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DarkRift Plugin Sharing Area!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Jamster, Apr 12, 2015.

1. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Well kind of foolish of me. Following instructions for some tutorials to the letter and of course there is no mention of moving the DLLs to the server Lib folder .....dang. Anyway copied the Mysqlconnector dll's to the lib foder and all is great.

wfsaxton, KiFouine and NaviTest like this.
  2. Aralo

Aralo

Hello guyz , after a midday trying to make a work the LoginPlugin , Finally I was successful:
    i uploaded my work into a drivefolder so you guys can have it. The MySqlConnector And the LoginPlugin.
    -

-I Changed the Target version of the LoginPlugin maybe adding more compability if you want to use into unity.
    -The Lib Folder is fulled with the dlls of the project.

tell me if i did something wrong please Cheers.

Download Here!.

Jamster likes this.
  3. Aralo

Aralo

i forgot to add the DarkRiftAPI.dll into the lib folder (\DarkRift Server - Free\Plugins\Lib)

4. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

I started using DarkRift 2 the other day and I like it a lot so far. It's taken a lot of stress off of me in the past few days. I'm looking forward to using it to create an MMO soon. For the most part, it works. That's all that matters. May take some time configuring things to get it to work how I want but, in the end, the possibility of making an MMO is still there, which is what means the most to me.

EDIT/

Okay, I was having a great time with DarkRift up until this morning. For some reason, I keep getting this error when I try running the AgarPlugin from the DarkRift2 manual.

[error removed]

If anyone has a reason or know why this is happening, I would really like some guidance. Otherwise, I will have to start my entire project over again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  5. Jamster

Jamster

This looks to me like you're either trying to load a plugin DLL that's been downloaded from the internet or you have a reference in your plugin to a DLL that's been downloaded from the internet, hence .NET won't let you run it for security. Might be because you're building htis in a onedrive synced folder?

I would try deleting all your plugin DLLs and any referenced DLLS you've added and recompiling them. It might also be worth checking through the references in your plugin project and maybe moving the project to another folder not synced by onedrive.

MW_Industries likes this.
  6. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Thanks, I ended up deleting the project and started over and it happened to work again. I was trying to export the demo games so I can test Dark Rift on other computers. I was trying to figure out how to export it and have the server run when the game starts instead of starting it manually. I'm sure if I study more of the documentation, I'll figure it out. I really like Dark Rift. I think it's cool you can write Plugins for your game.