Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

DarkRift Networking 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jamster, Feb 7, 2018.

1. perevezentsev

perevezentsev

2. Jamster

Jamster

Unfortunately, DarkRift does not work on WebGL at the moment, WebGL doesn't support TCP/UDP sockets.

*Technically you can make it work on WebGL by writing a custom network listener plugin but I wouldn't recommend doing that if you're a new user!

3. Ugochuks

Ugochuks

the embedded server doesn't seem to work on unity 2018 versions but works fine on unity 2017

4. Ugochuks

Ugochuks

i guess it has something to do with the scripting runtime versions

5. Jamster

Jamster

I've heard problems with this. Changing runtime to .NET 4.5. seems to work for people.

I tried to debug the issue a few weeks ago and just couldn't reproduce it but I'll have another look :)

6. Ugochuks

Ugochuks

I decided to go with the console server approach. I want to run it on Linux machine but i have no clue how to compile for Linux. A mini tutorial would be very helpful

7. Jamster

Jamster

There are two approaches, if you're using the Free version then you can use Mono to run the server; if you're using the Pro version then you can use either Mono or .NET core :)

8. perevezentsev

perevezentsev

Thanks. Unity LLAPI's NetworkTransport works in WebGL in case you'll consider that platform (although it's painful to use).

9. Jamster

Jamster

I'd like to support WebGL eventually, but it's not high on my priority list at the moment I'm afraid!

10. Jamster

Jamster

Hey all!

Since it's nearing the end of the year now I want to get feedback on how everyone's using DarkRift and where people want to see improvement. I've drawn up a 10-minute survey, mostly multiple choice, and I'd be very grateful for people to take some time to fill it out.

This is a great opportunity to anonymously guide DarkRift's development and give feedback on things you do and don't like about everything DarkRift related!

https://goo.gl/forms/gVqxNXcQDtcQdvHU2

Jamie

11. Twist01

Twist01

Done!

Jamster likes this.
  12. Jamster

Jamster

Don't forget to fill out the developer survey above if you haven't!