Search Unity

Darkness effect

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by ZLR_Games, Aug 4, 2021.

1. ZLR_Games

ZLR_Games

I recetly played a game which has exactly the effect im looking for implemented. The games has all sorts of crazy visual tricks, but the one i'm interested in is the fade to suddden darkness in a kind of unrealistic way. The game is called Promesa and the theme is remembering/memories, so as the game progresses you can see more and more of the environments, and the blackness moves further away.

I'm just wondering how it could maybe be acheived in unity, cause i know it's not by placing lights carefully, and that it's not a static effect. I think it might be some kind of volume, but sometimes the fades are too gradual for that. So idk how it's acheived, but i'm sure some of you will know!

I've got some examples i recorded from the game, so you can see exactly how it works :)
    1st is to show that it's not static
    2nd is to show that the lighting acts as normal, when visible
    3rd is to show how, again, the darknes doesnøt come from "natural" lighting within the game, and that the darknes isn't bleeding out of the barn. ezgif.com-gif-maker-min.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)-min.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies