Search Unity

Feedback Dark Theme for Manual and Scripting API

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Robzoid, May 18, 2019.

1. Robzoid

Robzoid

I'm new to Unity and I've noticed that the Manual and API sections of your site have a bright white background, which is hard on the eyes - especially when you consider how much time a typical user is going to spend in these sections. I know a lot of people complain about the dark skin for the editor only being available for Pro and Plus but this is arguably worse, because at least the free version of Unity is a medium grey. I have eye floaters and light sensitivity so the white background is a big problem for me. Thankfully I was able to find a dark theme Google Chrome extension that gives all pages a dark theme. Otherwise, this honestly would have been a deal breaker for Unity to me, just because I know how often I'll be referencing these pages. See a screenshot comparison between the current version and the dark theme I have applied with my Chrome extension.

There could be a dark theme option toggle in the upper right hand corner to switch between the current light version and dark.

UnityLight.png

UnityDark.png