Search Unity

Bug Dark scenes created ghosted shadows

Discussion in 'VR' started by AcuityCraig, Apr 15, 2021.

1. AcuityCraig

AcuityCraig

2019.4.22f1.
    URP (tried 7.3.1 and 7.5.3)
    VRTK (v3.3) with only Oculus integration and Oculus Android installed.
    Test on Quest and Quest 2

I have recreated this issue in a blank scene in a brand new project with URP template. Add a plane for the "ground" and add a few scaled cubes set to static to make some shadows. A single baked directional light with an intensity of 0.1 or less. Bake the scene and then jump in VR via a quest headset with a link cable or do a build and test in the headset. All the shadows "ghost" as you move your head. Its more apparent when its a really dark shadow and you move your head toward something brighter. The faster you move your head the longer they go. Also this only shows in the headset so hard to get a screenshot of it.

I've tried every setting in the renderer asset settings, single and multipass rendering, lighting bake settings, etc.

The only shaders in the scene are URP/lit and URP/SimpleLit. Tried with and without post processing. I've been googling all day and not found anyone else reporting this issue but its easily recreated so maybe its a URP bug?

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any ideas or settings anyone can think of I can try to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,
    Craig

unity_8fZ6UnxyMCr6pw likes this.
  2. Ajosic

Ajosic

Hey @AcuityCraig, I think I'm running into a similar issue on Unity 2020.2, but not using URP.
    Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

If you tested it enough make a bug report