Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Dark mode is very uncomfortable. Please make light mode an option.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Le_Tai, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

I know dark mode is trendy these days, but me and some people I know react badly to it. This make the new hub a massive regression for us. I know light mode is probably planned, but the new hub should not be pushed to production channel at this point

DAWSDevelop, protopop and Moonjump like this.
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

Dark mode is bad for my eyes. Apparently it is quite common for people with older eyes, especially if they have astigmatism, which I do.

I also hate the automatic update with no choice over it. There is always the chance of it messing up, which it has for some, so it should not be forced when a project may be in a critical deadline situation.

3. mishakozlov74

mishakozlov74

I have astigmatism as well, I don't think these things are related, I always use dark mode when it's possible.

4. Moonjump

Moonjump

Research says it is, people with astigmatism have an increased chance of halation being a problem, but it doesn't mean all people will have a problem. Plus, if your avatar is a recent picture of you, you are likely too young for it to be an issue.

protopop and mishakozlov74 like this.
  5. mishakozlov74

mishakozlov74

Oh, okay! I'll keep that in mind!

6. VolcanicApe

VolcanicApe

Unity Hub "Light Mode" is in the roadmap and making a comeback.

unityunity