Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Daring? Need more Unity Screen Real Estate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan Czeck, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

If you have Tiger, the Developer Tools installed, and have a low monitor resolution, and are nuts....

You can open up the Quartz Debug application in /Developer/Applications/Performance Tools/Quartz Debug. Choose Show User Interface from the Tools menu and adjust to something lower than 1.0. (0.75 works okay here)

Now restart Unity. Everything is tiny but you have more room :D

It works on anything else you open, too, but there are usually a ton of graphical glitches and crashes. It's actually really solid in Unity!

-Jon

2. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Unity Technologies

You are crazy :)

d.

3. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Sweet I'll have to try, this 17" LCD (on an iMac G5) is killing me because I'm used to two of them (on my PowerMac G5). So I can't wait to get home to Gate and my comp :p. Thanks for the tip, and I'm crazy too!! ;)

4. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

I'd suggest setting it, starting Unity, and setting it back so other apps don't do it when they open up.

Things like Preview, for instance, crash. :roll:

-Jon

5. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Ok, thanks for the advice. I had always wanted to be able to scalle things down. Like menus and stuff (sort of like when you use exposÈ and everything gets smaller, but only for the interface stuff :p Jeff

6. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Okay, so I spoke too soon. The only real thing that seems screwed up in a different UI resolution is mouse picking in the OpenGL views. Darn.

It should only be a couple of lines to change... *wink wink wink*

from file:///Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/releasenotes/Cocoa/AppKit.html ...
    -Jon

unityunity