Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Dare (A scary game)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by a1s2d3f4, Feb 1, 2012.

1. a1s2d3f4

a1s2d3f4

So i was thinking about making a game that would be more of a scare game than anything else. It would have more of a story line to it once i start working on it, but at the moment the story is: you're friends have dared to spend the night in a supposedly haunted house. I wanted to make the game long enough to enjoy, but not too long. I was thinking maybe a 6 hour campaign, you enter the house and a timer starts counting down from 6 hours. At the end of the 6 hours, the game is over and it is morning or something like that. Throughout the 6 hours things in the house progressively get more and more strange. Maybe at the beginning, some small things happen (you hear sounds, maybe see a couple of things like a shadow that you thought wasn't there before. The things start to get more intense. You start hearing things that you are sure you heard. Maybe things start moving around when your not looking, etc. By the 5th hour or so of gameplay, it starts getting trippy (I'm not sure how to describe what I'm thinking of in any other way than that). Any way it all leads up to a climactic ending, which I'm not sure what that will be yet. Also i was thinking of making a sort of series of clues throughout the whole game that leads you to find out why stuff that is happening is happening.

Ok so now what this post is actually about. Before you start the game i was just thinking (just for fun) of putting a notice that says something like "Would you like to play a relaxing mini game before you play the real game" and just put a nice relaxing forest like scene that all you do is just walk around to get relaxed before the real game starts. Does that seem like a good idea?

Do you think a 6 hour campaign would be too long? (I would put more stuff in it to hopefully make it interesting enough for 6 hours, but I'm just not sure if people would want to play it for that long).

And I do have a wind sound for the mini game's scene, but i got it from soundbible.com and it said attribution 3.0 as the license. Does this mean i can use it?

All I have done right now is the terrain for the mini game and I have modeled some of the house.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
unityunity