Search Unity

Danko Party Manager [PRICE REDUCED TO $5]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Eastwing, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Eastwing

Eastwing

Danko Party Manager is a solution for Unity providing simple tools to create and manage in-game party (ie a group of game characters).

Features:
    • You can create and configure the party in the Unity editor, or directly during the game;
    • Flexible configuration of characters slots ("vacancies" in the terminology of DPM). Just add needed components to slot and DPM will automatically copy parameters of character’s same components.
    • Expandability. DPM has a modular structure; each module can be disabled or replaced. It’s possible the development of third-party modules (corresponding manual in the process of writing). All DPM modules is a JS or C# scripts, no any third-party libraries;
    • Unlimited number of characters in the party;
    • Simplicity. In most cases, the party creates by several elementary actions. It’s management from the scripts is easy too.
    • Harmonic participation in the game. Each party member is a full resident of the game world, having the same roleplay model that of the NPC, taking damage by the same rules, etc.

Currently basic functions is implemented. The project will be developing and getting new opportunities.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. sicga123

sicga123

Put on my watchlist, seems very interesting.

3. Eastwing

Eastwing

4. Eastwing

Eastwing

5. Eastwing

Eastwing

I wonder if price is to high? I have some sales but there is no any comments or reviwes. Anyone? :)

6. hopeful

hopeful

I don't own this product and I'm just throwing an idea out there ... but if you're interested, maybe this plugin can be adapted for multiplayer now that Unity's multiplayer networking is out ...?

I'm thinking that if the party can include actual other players, that might broaden the appeal of the plugin.

Eastwing likes this.
  7. Eastwing

Eastwing

Well, DPM already can be used in multiplayer games too. But I need to create some examples to illustrate how it may works, so thanks for the idea!

hopeful likes this.
  8. sicga123

sicga123

I have this asset, it seems pretty good but I won't be using it for a couple of months so I haven't bothered to review it yet as I haven't managed to test it. However, before you drop the price to a new amount I suggest you apply to the daily deal with Unity because this now seems to drive a lot of sales. If you don't get into that quickly then put it on sale yourself at 50% but think of a reason and write it up not only on the asset forum but post about the design for the game for which it was made and write it up mentioning that you wished to promote multiplayer games or whatever. Do the same on your blog. Doing additional examples would help as well especially if you use them to keep on bringing it to developers attention through the forums.

Eastwing likes this.
  9. Eastwing

Eastwing

Thanks, sicga123, I'll consider it

10. Eastwing

Eastwing

Price reduced to $5