Search Unity

Dance in the Void

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by GerardD, Jan 16, 2014.

1. GerardD

GerardD

It is a local multiplayer game about two spaceships who are doomed to be near each other duel for all eternity, accompanied only by the sounds of classical music. But, there is more to discover when one goes dancing in the void. Please give it a try and let your friends know about it as well.

Download Links

Dance in the Void is is a game I designed and built using Unity3D in the latter stages of 2013. I was toying around with an auto-firing mechanic and in order to test it, made a simple competitive round based game from it. From there my housemate and I kept playing and enjoying what was developing it Dance in the Void. It was originally really arcade like and had a number of problems with managing player movement in relation to eachother. I came upon an idea to source all the music and sound effects from classical music, and the result informed much of the design which aims to create a duel between the two spaceships that feels and looks like some kind of deadly dance.

Attached Files:

• $ss3.png
      $ss3.png
      File size:
      87.5 KB
      Views:
    • $ss1.png
      $ss1.png
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
    • $r2.png
      $r2.png
      File size:
      159.3 KB
      Views:
  2. SuperSlonik

SuperSlonik

Hi there. Tried your game in Web view. It was rather challenging to figure out what exactly you supposed to do (based just on the first-time experience), and i guess playing by myself didn't help that either. But then when actual music started (and so did the action), i kinda figured it out.

It's a pretty cool concept, however the firing sound effects seemed a little off (probably because they are percussive classical instruments. SFX got very repetitive after short while, which kinda threw me off. Did you try adding pulse sfx for firing/damage/UI?

Another suggestion would be to make several tonal sfx for firing and pick the ones that are in the same scale as the music composition.

Other than that, awesome concept. Now i gotta find somebody to play this with me lol.

3. deadfire52

deadfire52

The color choices are pretty awesome but like the guy above me, I have no idea what I'm doing.

4. GerardD

GerardD

I had experimented with the idea of going deeper with the audio design, but it is not my speciality and I liked the idea of keeping the whole experience as minimalist as possible.

Thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated.