Search Unity

Damage FX - Dynamic destruction PBR Shaders | Amplify Editor support | WebGL Demo

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by s7, Oct 27, 2017.

1. s7

s7

Bring dynamic damage and destruction to your enemies with Damage FX PBR Shaders!

Click to Buy Damage FX

New Damage FX WebGL 2.0 Demo is up!
    Tested with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

Easy to adapt to any weapon type and specific requirements starting with simple dirt splats, bullet holes, explosion breaches and laser guns on the surface of any mesh.

You are in control for points size, dirt mask, heat and edge glow, clip and vertex displacement.

The effect is scale independent and works on any surface. A convex or regular Mesh Collider is required to capture impact points, and also by providing local space coordinates directly into the shader.

This package can be customized with the Amplify Shader Editor

The Amplify Shader Editor provides an unlimited customization options by reusing the Damage FX Function, which blends perfectly within the existing node framework.

SCREENSHOTS

AVAILABLE IN THE ASSET STORE
    Click to Buy Damage FX

-----
    BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHATS COMING
    Swing by our forum and help us build the community! We also highly encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list for the latest updates and the development progress straight from the farthest corners of the galaxy!

REACH US OUT

Found a bug?

Please submit a case in the Bug Report thread, and we will squash the bug away!
    Want to share your thoughts?
    We sincerely appreciate your time to give us comments and ideas. There are always things that we could do better. Please share them in the Feedback and Suggestions thread.
    Have a question or need help?
    For a non-urgent matter, please submit in the Technical Support thread. You can also use our Contact Form to communicate to us directly. We'll give you a prompt a thorough response.​

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.

Looks awesome job.
    Could you provide a WebGL demo?
    It would be awesome to try it out.

Thanks.

3. s7

s7

Thanks :) It's a tricky one porting it to the WebGL, although I have managed to make a working build and fixed a bug thanks to you! I will also look into getting it as close as possible to the original before uploading the demo for you folks.

PS Check your PM I have sent you the key so you don't have to wait! Enjoy it!

4. s7

s7

theANMATOR2b and hasanbayat like this.
  5. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

This is an awesome support.
    Keep up the good work!

s7 likes this.
  6. one_one

one_one

Looks very cool! What about skinned meshes, though?

7. s7

s7

Thank you! :) I never intended to add a skinned mesh support to Damage FX or Force Field neither. This pack is good for cars, tanks, aircraft, panels, structures, etc., but not characters on skinned meshes. I also did a few tests before releasing it, though. Technically its possible to recalculate vertex positions affected by a bone weight, however there is an issue with the colliders which wont update during the animation, plus the whole thing gets very unstable. I didn't want to over complicate, so thats why its holding me down from releasing the skinned mesh support to my both assets.

8. one_one

one_one

Aw, too bad. That's understandable, though.

9. ZJP

ZJP

This must be specified in the asset description, because the presence of the robot suggests the opposite: robots are usually animated. :confused:

That said, bookmarked. :cool:

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  10. s7

s7

Its true, though a different animation principle applies, where a non-skinned mesh would work just fine in a case of a robot.

11. ZJP

ZJP

Yes... ;)

12. s7

s7

Free Voucher Key to Damage FX under the spoiler
    ASV-VCAY-6GRM-GVGQ-VFHC-9A7T

13. s7

s7

MEGA SALE -25% OFF!
    From November 27th, 12AM PST through December 8th 11:59 PST.
    Start Shopping!

14. wziotto

wziotto

Hello,
    What are the steps to implement this shader in Webgl?