Search Unity

Daga Studio's Racing Circuits - (Mobile&PC)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhham, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi,
    Right now, I'm working on Track02 (HDRP, SRP)
    Here some screenshots
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

After finishing this, I'll add the improved assets (grandstands, props and such) back to Track01 as well.

JBR-games, alex31016, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  2. Arkhham

Arkhham

Track02 has be submitted for review. Here's the Demo link if you guys want to try it out (Windows Only)

Here's the video

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    At the moment, Only HDRP version is going live,
    Supporting both HDRP and URP renderers within one project seems complicated.
    Not sure how unity going to accept package if half the project has pink materials all over.
    Anyway, I'll post more about how I'm going to support URP version within this project when HDRP goes live.

Best regards,

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    hopeful likes this.
  3. newlife

newlife

Hello, the demo link shows a request for permission.

4. Arkhham

Arkhham

My bad, It shouldn't ask for permission now.

5. newlife

newlife

Thanks. Is this track suitable for mobile devices?

6. Arkhham

Arkhham

No, For now its only for HDRP (PC & console platforms).

7. hopeful

hopeful

Your track looks great! Very nice!

FWIW, I'll be sticking with standard shaders for a while. It seems like Unity should have a better solution for matching textures and standard / URP / HDRP shaders.

8. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thank you!

I agree.

9. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Track looks very nice, but man what is with the truly awful car physics, a low speeds the turning circle is massive but at speeds the slightest steering input has you flying of the track, I would really put some effort into improving that as just made want to give up at looking at the track.

10. Arkhham

Arkhham

I'm using Unity Car scripts from standard assets, It's basic but It's only for demo to check out the track.

11. Arkhham

Arkhham

Track02 is Live now!

Regarding URP version:
    URP version will be optimized for mobile development, It should be available in next 2-3 weeks.
    I'll create URP version as a new asset pack and use the upgrade system to make it free if you bought HDRP version, Vice versa.

Regarding the future of track packs.
    If you bought track01, track02 will be 25% off for you, For rest it's 39.
    Likewise, if you bought track02, track01 will be 25% off, even track03, 04 and such if that's possible with unity's upgrade system.

All the tracks will share props,vehicles and characters,
    So like any new props made in track03 will be added to track01 and 02.
    Grandstands will be unique to every track, but they will have a consistent look across all the track packs.
    Every track will have 1 unique garage and 4 texture variations. The dimensions of the garage will be the same across the track packs. So, if you want a track02 garage in track04, you can add it.

Changes that are in track02 and will be added back to Track01:
    Note - This is not full list, I'll post a detail info on what new stuff is added to Track01 when the update goes live.

Anyways, Unlike before! you can change logos and text on car and garages much easier. They have transparent texture where you can add your own.
    1.png
    Audiences on grandstands can be removed. You can do this on Track01 but they don't look better at the moment. I'll change that when I update Track01.
    2.jpg

Behind every text in the textures it's just a single color, so you can take it to Photoshop or gimp, to erase it and add your own text.

4.png

Mesh grass alpha value is based on distance of the camera. Now you can have much better lods on them, with appropriate lod value, you'll never see the pop up.

Characters, Now you have crew, marshals, cameraman. all of them share the same generic rig, have 29 bones. They have been LOD-grouped to save performance.

Vegetation, The mesh trees and billboard trees from track02 will be added back to track01, with some new trees along.

Best regards,

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Fibonaccov likes this.
  12. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Any reason your focusing on HDRP over URP ?

From what I can tell HDRP isn't at all stable right now and isn't supported by most other assets.
    I'm working on a racing game, but I can't see HDRP making sense as I don't really have the budget to make a high spec game.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  13. Arkhham

Arkhham

For PC version?
    HDRP definitely improved visuals, URP lacked lot of features that I was expecting for this project like good post processing effects (doesn't have SSAO), light cookie support.
    Those were the main reason and If you want to use HDRP Version track in URP, you can replace the shaders from URP pack. It might be a lot of manual work but it works.

14. Arkhham

Arkhham

PC or Mobile? If you don't mind me asking.

15. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Very nice! I am on SRP (not planning to go to HDRP / URP for various reasons) so I will get Track01 - hopefully Track01 will get the updated car models?
    Cheers

16. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

PC.

Anyway to get the tracks working in URP ?

To be honest I think your losing a ton of potential customers by not supporting URP. As far as I can tell most tutorials and assets push for URP , so unless I want to rebuild my project in HDRP I can't use your asset

17. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yes, It will.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  18. Arkhham

Arkhham

I mean URP doesn't even support Shadowmask Lighting mode yet which is pretty important.
    Maybe I'll add another pack for standard pipeline.
    I'll just upload URP for mobile for now and after that, I'll get back to you with definite answer soon on this topic.

Cheers,

19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Is the race-controller also included?

20. Arkhham

Arkhham

You mean car controller? Then yes!
    It's Unity's own car controller and it's very basic, included as a demo to checkout the track.
    I wouldn't recommend using that in actual game development.

If you meant like full on race controlling system with different car running around, laps and all, then no.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  21. Arkhham

Arkhham

Track02 - Mobile Version is live
    I'm using built-in renderer for mobile version.
    If you brought HDRP version, you can download the mobile version at no additional cost, Vice Versa.

APK Demo to test on your target device.
    https://bit.ly/35mftE1

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Fibonaccov likes this.
  22. Arkhham

Arkhham

Track01 V2 update is live.
    HDRP version should be live in few days.

Here are some screenshot comparisons

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Fibonaccov and hopeful like this.
  23. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

Just a question what will be your third track?

24. Arkhham

Arkhham

Track03 would be combination of hungaroring and spa francorchamps track.

25. Arsyl_Games

Arsyl_Games

looks good already

26. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Can I ask what is the all in poly and vert count for your track?

27. Arkhham

Arkhham

I think it's about 200k for base track01 and 800k for base track02.

28. unityid00000000000000000000001

unityid00000000000000000000001

You Mean if i purchase HDRP version of this track then i did not need to pay for mobile version it automatecally unlocks and i can able to download mobile verion autometically

29. Arkhham

Arkhham

Yes!

30. UnityGames99

UnityGames99

Release date?

31. Arkhham

Arkhham

My target is to release PC version by September first week, Mobile version 2 weeks thereafter.

32. UnityGames99

UnityGames99

Thank you!

33. UnityGames99

UnityGames99

Any update?

34. Arkhham

Arkhham

Work so far, Lot of things around the track will change as I work on it.
    Had to freeze the project for few months as I was working on other projects.
    I started working on it from a week ago, can't give you an exact eta when the track 03 gets finished but I'm hoping for next month end or early Dec.

Cheers,

Lars-Steenhoff and UnityGames99 like this.
  35. UnityGames99

UnityGames99

The track looks very good. Can't wait.

Thanks for the reply.

36. UnityGames99

UnityGames99

Any update?

37. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thanks for checking in! :)
    I'm working on it while working on other projects that pay bills, so its been hard to find time to work on the track and the progress has been slow. Hopefully, I could finish PC version late April.

UnityGames99 likes this.
  38. racingseguridad

racingseguridad

buenas, este activo puede trabajar en un entorno virtual?

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Debería, realmente va a depender del equipo que lo va a correr. Hay versiones para móvil y para PC, y entiendo que si compras una pista en cualquier versión, tienes la otra versión gratis, así que puedes probar con ambas. Confirmar al 100% que te va a funcionar sin ningún problema es algo complicado, ya que los frame rates no dependen solamente de los gráficos, sino también del código y su optimización.

It really depends on the device that will run it. There are versions for mobile and PC, and I understand that if you buy a track in any version, you get the other version for free, so you can try both. Confirming 100% that it will work without any problems is complicated, as the frame rates depend not only on the graphics but also on the code and its optimization.

40. Arkhham

Arkhham

41. Arkhham

Arkhham

With the introduction of the track03 pack, I've modified the folder structure of the track assets. Previously, if you imported two tracks into one project, you would have duplicated assets in the scene, such as trees, vehicle props, characters, and so on. To address this issue, I have reorganized the project as outlined below.
    DSRC Folder (1).png

Please note that
    If you purchased Track2 then only track2 props are added in the modular assets folder with folders called "T2". And later If you purchased track1, then when you import that into the track2 project, then you'd have track1 props with a folder called "T1". Only some props are shared with all the tracks such as Vehicles, Characters, track props, tents, flags.

Note: VERY IMPORTANT.
    If you're not importing the tracks 01 & 02 into a fresh new project, please backup. Although to avoid overwriting the old scene, I created the new version in the 2.0 folder. But it's just safe to backup the project.

I have also recreated some props and introduced new ones. These will be included in the modular assets folder and shared across all the tracks for consistent look. I've submitted Track01 & Track02 with this update, which should come live in a few days.

3.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg

42. Arkhham

Arkhham

Track01 gets new track layout, I felt even with some changes to the layout from real world, it was quite similar, so changed it to be safe, just in case.
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    Rowlan and UnityGames99 like this.
  43. Arkhham

Arkhham

So far only HDRP versions are updated, I still need to port new updates to mobile tracks pack. Working on it.

UnityGames99 likes this.