Search Unity

Daga Studio's Racing Circuits - (Mobile&PC)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhham, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Arkhham

Arkhham

Sorry, I don't! but.. You do get "Mesh map" in the Track1's package. You could screenshot it. :)

2. CoderPro

CoderPro

Hi @DeeMudhham , How about add crowd for Track 01 mobile ? or other update for Track 01 mobile. Its not enough if compare with PC version.

3. Arkhham

Arkhham

I'll add crowd after finishing Track2, I'm not expecting anyone to release a game with just "1 track", i want to get the tracks out first, so that people can start working on their games, As time goes by, i'll add updates to tracks, One by One.

4. wolfy2

wolfy2

Hi.. A small oversight you've missed.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

5. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi,

I think you are using the old version (1.0) of the track.

This is how it looks in V1.1 at that section.
    e.JPG

Cheers,

6. wolfy2

wolfy2

Wow.. it really DOES look better.. thx :)

Attached Files:

7. Arkhham

Arkhham

It should look even better...
    • Have you downloaded and imported the package from the readme file? (It setups the car and Post-effects to achieve the look like the screenshots)
    • Change to linear mode and deferred rendering.
    • Check the light-mapping box, it might take sometime to Bake, after that results will look like the screenshots down below.
    • Link to downloading the skybox is also in the Readme file too.
    4e90cd4a-8cd8-4b44-a9b4-de34e59672e3_scaled.jpg
    153e3c48-550f-496d-ab06-b2da5a462776_scaled.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  8. CoderPro

CoderPro

Hi @DeeMudhham , Could you separate for grass and sand collider ? Now, you are put grass and sand collider into a collider, but if you do that, we can not make skid marks or smoke or physics materials for grass or sand. Please refer to the below image. And please fix that and upload update !
    http://imgur.com/a/rOdWm

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  9. Arkhham

Arkhham

Sure!

10. Arkhham

Arkhham

Updated! Download the latest version from the store.

11. CoderPro

CoderPro

Thanks you sir @DeeMudhham !

12. CoderPro

CoderPro

This part do not have collider (please see the first attached image). Please add it and update this asset !
    And could you seperate kerbs part with green part. Now, collider you include both kerbs and green part is one collider, so i can not make sound effect when car collision with kerbs only (please see image-2)

Attached Files:

13. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi, Sorry for the late reply!
    Yes, I'll update it as soon as possible.

14. CoderPro

CoderPro

Could you fix position of posters, too ? Its position too high. All of posters or somethings like that objects.

Thanks in advanced.

Attached Files:

15. Arkhham

Arkhham

Done! Update should be online in few days.

I did reduced the height of that poster in this update, but left a little bit of space so, that Z-fighting doesn't occur.

16. Arkhham

Arkhham

It's Online.

17. hopeful

hopeful

@DeeMudhham - So ... where is this project at right now? Is it complete for the first track, or are there still a few features to be added?

18. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi,
    For the Track01 PC version
    I still need to add new crew models and their animations (I wanted to do this after i finish modelling all the tracks..That's why i added Beta version crews in the project for the moment. Since, making these takes much time and i wouldn't be able to finish tracks soon).

I'm also planning on adding Grass to the track.

For the Track01 Mobile Version
    There are few things i would add pretty soon..like audience and garage.

At this moment, I'm still working on Track02 with some other project simultaneously! So, it might take some time to finish it but things are going fine.

hopeful likes this.
  19. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Thought someone might like to see this. Works fine on Oculus Rift. This is just a 680X GPU.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Fibonaccov, Arkhham and TooManySugar like this.
  20. Arkhham

Arkhham

Awesome! :D

Todd-Wasson likes this.
  21. lukejaparidze

lukejaparidze

Hello! I noticed that the package was updated a few days ago, what has changed? BTW, I am running Unity 2017.2 and I am noticing some massive stuttering issues in the default scene (game runs at 60fps, then freezes for about a second or so, then runs at 60fps, repeats). This does not happen in any other of my scenes (I even use some of the modular stuff in my other scenes with no issue). Could you help me pinpoint what's wrong? I am loving this asset but this is the only thing holding me back right now.

22. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi, It's just some description changes..
    Anyway, Could you screenshot the profiler, highlighting the spikes please? that would help me understand what causing the issue. Here's My mail : Mudhham@gmail.com

23. lukejaparidze

lukejaparidze

Sent an email :)

24. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

New video running the track, this time in the correct direction with sound and so forth:

I'm using this mainly in VR, so for the sake of speed I don't have any of the nice image effects Bhasker strongly suggests running. So keep in mind this video is with things looking as vanilla as possible. No post processing at all.

Concerning physics, the track is really good. The colliders on the track surface are high poly enough. Often times track creators don't get that quite high enough, but Bhasker definitely did on this one. :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  25. Arkhham

Arkhham

Adding Grass to the track.
    1.JPG 2.JPG

26. Kameji

Kameji

Hi @DeeMudhham I would like to ask some question for your assets, can you please give me your e-mail through here? My e-mail is shikoshikokame@gmail.com

I am new to unity so I uses assets that I bought from Unity as practice to make my own game, and for the racing I used your assets because I think its very awesome with very reasonable price range. Thank you and have a nice day

27. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Physics feel legit.

Todd-Wasson likes this.
  28. Arkhham

Arkhham

Sure!

29. oskari83

oskari83

Hi,

Your works looks just so awesome! I hope you havent given up on track 2, is there any estimate on whether it is even happening or not and when?

30. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hey,
    No, I haven't!
    It's just that I've been working on lot of other projects! so, development has been slow but rest assured I'm still working on it. At the moment, I can't really give an estimate date since, if I finish few other projects which i intended too by this month, Track02 should be ready by May or else it might take little bit more time..

I'm also working on Track01 Meshed grass update. it's a bit slow but it's in progress.

31. spaul13

spaul13

I just bought the DS Racing circuit from the asset store. In the Readme file inside the project you have mentioned "open the Track01 - demo scene" but I am not finding it inside the project. Can you guide me where can I find that.

Thanks in Advance

32. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hey Paul, I replied to your mail, it should help you find the demo scene.

Cheers,

33. Barritico

Barritico

I am interested in buying this asset. But first I would like to know if it is considered as "finished product" or will continue to incorporate elements. Either in the asset itself or by separate purchases add-on.

I also see that it is circuit 01 and there are plans to do more. Is there any roadmap?

Thank you.

34. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi Barritico,
    Track01 is done, character models are in beta.
    Also, I'm always replacing or adding new stuff to improving the asset through updates.
    Yes, I've plans to create more tracks. At the moment, I can't give you any eta but track02 is in development.

Cheers,

Barritico likes this.
  35. Arkhham

Arkhham

Update V1.2 is live now.

Added Mesh Grass to the Track01_Highend scene
    Improvements in Billboard shader
    Fixed few minor issues
    I'll be replacing the trees with much more realistic ones for the next update.
    1.png
    2.jpg

36. Barritico

Barritico

I have already bought the asset, installed it and tested it. I will assess it shortly. I have to say that it has surprised me positively.

I am very interested in circuits of this quality or, if you can, something superior for my project. So all the circuits that I can get for Unity are welcome.

Thanks and great work.

Arkhham likes this.
  37. Arkhham

Arkhham

Thanks! :)

I'll try my best to improve the asset.
    I'll focus on the vegetation next, add few bushes and more tree variations. I think that would drastically improve the overall scene.

Cheers,

38. Cocorilow

Cocorilow

HELLO I NEED THE INTERNAL VIEW WITH A VEHICLE MODEL FOR ME, IS IT POSSIBLE TO HELP ME IF I PURCHASE IT?

39. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi,
    You can have cockpit view in the vehicle but its not very detailed. This pack focus much on track detail than vehicle.
    I do have plans to improve the vehicle's interior in one of the upcoming updates but as for now, it looks like in the video.
    If you want to purchase specially for the interior view, I would suggest no at the moment.

Cheers,

40. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Checking in on the status of track 2 ;)

41. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi,
    At the moment, I'm working on my other asset's update, I'll get back on track02 once I finished with that.
    I hoping to finish track02 by end of June.

JBR-games and pixelsteam like this.
  42. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hello i was curious how progress has been?

43. Arkhham

Arkhham

Progress is slow as I am still working on other projects.
    Work so far...
    1.png
    2.png

JBR-games likes this.
  44. JBR-games

JBR-games

Glad to see your still working on it. As far a crew members go, do any of them have animations ? Thank you.

45. Arkhham

Arkhham

You mean new animations?
    Right now, Track01 crew do have animations but they aren't good quality.
    Track02 will feature same crew with different skins.
    However, I do have plans to make new crew models along with new animations right after track02.

JBR-games likes this.
  46. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi,
    Unity 2019.3 beta is showing errors that Unity 2019.2 isn't.

Assets\Daga Studio's Racing Circuits\CommonFiles\Standard Assets\Utility\SimpleActivatorMenu.cs(10,16): error CS0619: 'GUIText' is obsolete: 'GUIText has been removed. Use UI.Text instead.'
    Assets\Daga Studio's Racing Circuits\CommonFiles\Standard Assets\Utility\ForcedReset.cs(6,27): error CS0619: 'GUITexture' is obsolete: 'GUITexture has been removed. Use UI.Image instead.'

I think you should fix these now as it's in a late beta cycle and will probably be released soon.

Any update on the new track?

47. Arkhham

Arkhham

Hi

I just upgraded the Track01 to Unity 2019.3 version and upload, it should be live soon.

The errors you see are from unity's standard assets, they need to update that to 2019.3, I'm sure they will once it's out of beta. In the meantime, you could just delete those two scripts and everything will work fine.

Track02 coming soon, still working on it.

JBR-games likes this.
  48. sonicviz

sonicviz

49. Arkhham

Arkhham

50. alex31016

alex31016

Hello @Arkhham how are you? Just to know if you are still updating this project. Take care

JBR-games likes this.