Search Unity

Daemon - RPG/Roguelike/Platformer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Crosstopher, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Crosstopher

Crosstopher

Hi all,

I just wanted to say big hi to everyone on the unity forums and share my work in progress, "Daemon". I will be updating this post with my progress along the way, but if you want to follow my dev blog it can be found here,

Christopher Yabsley's Dev Blog

What is the place that demons fear to go? The 37th layer of hell that's where. In this layer of hell a perpetual fall into an infinite abyss is what awaits its visitors. Taking the role of one of three classes of demon (warrior, mage, rogue)This is where you find yourself banished to. Other demons that have been banished here have forged places for them to dwell, you as the new comer are determined to take what is theirs so you can rule over the abyss.

Daemon is a dungeon crawler at heart with roguelike qualities such as permadeath. Selecting one of twelve progressively harder bosses you will find yourself spawned at the bottom of a 100% randomly generated dungeon. You will have to climb forever upwards battling your way through monsters and avoiding the plethora of traps that will litter the dungeon, all the while watching your step, as a fall off the edge spells certain doom.

IMPLEMENTED SO FAR
    -Basic dungeon generation
    -20+ tiles implemented
    -Camera and third person controls
    -Basic health/damage system
    -Blade traps rotate and kill on contact
    -Turrets track and fire at target
    -Menu and Gameplay states
    -Fireball projectiles
    -Torch particles and lighting
    -Various models and texture art

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. Rya

Rya

None of the pictures work, do people not preview a post before they actually submit it?

3. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

4. Crosstopher

Crosstopher

Sorry about that. Fixed.

5. aixaix

aixaix

love the models and the game, waiting for a playable webplayer :)

6. Crosstopher

Crosstopher

Quick sketch to form the basis of my 3d model.

$Warrior.F.jpg $Warrior.S.jpg