Search Unity

Bug D7 retention is bugged

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Bathory9, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Bathory9

Bathory9

Hello,

Am I the only one for whom D7 retention has been bugged for the last couple of months? I remember it fell to super low levels all of a sudden but I thought it would be temporary.

Here is what is shown in AppStoreConnect as comparison.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Unity_AndyP

Unity_AndyP

Unity Technologies

The retention charts under Analytics->Dashboards->Retention are new player retention charts, this means if the user starts in the same as the date range you entered into the chart then you would be counted at D0, If they come back the next day then they would be entered as D1 and will actually show up in the visualization.

Are these the current charts you are looking at? I can't tell exactly which chart you are looking at from the screenshot

3. Bathory9

Bathory9

Thanks for the reply and sorry about lack of detail.
    0.4% is the D7 info in the App Health section under Monetization->Organization Overview.
    This info doesn't align with the 16.9% under Analytics->Dashboards->Retention for Day 7.

The Analytics Retention one is a lot closer to reality, but it falls to 0.2% at Day 28 which I have my doubts about.

If I query my database for all player accounts created on March 18 that also logged in to play on April 18, I get about 10%, which is reflected by the Day 28 retention in AppStoreConnect.

Attached Files:

4. Unity_AndyP

Unity_AndyP

Unity Technologies

For the Analytics dashboard, depending on how long the analytics has been in and how many new players over this time set dropped out it could be different from a rolling retention chart.

I am unsure how the ads charts function but I can reach out to the team and see if I can get an answer for the discrepancy between the two.

5. Bathory9

Bathory9

Not a huge bug as long as it doesn't indirectly affect more important metrics. It seems it's being fixed, at least D7 in App Health section went from 0.4 to 6%.
    Thanks for reporting it to the team :)

Unity_AndyP likes this.