Search Unity

[D3D shader blob is empty...]

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by nyudeb, Sep 18, 2017.

1. nyudeb

nyudeb

Hi everyone,

So I have a problem when building for platform: Windows x86_64

My app. is downloading 3D characters from a server and I got this error : "D3D shader blob is empty!"

In the output_log file I got some others errors :

"D3D shader blob is empty!

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/GfxDevice/d3d11/GpuProgramsD3D11.cpp Line: 57)

Corrupt shader bytecode, couldn't decode 0 bytes
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Self-Illumin/Bumped Specular' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Self-Illumin/Bumped Specular' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Self-Illumin/Specular RIM' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Self-Illumin/Specular RIM' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader"

All the asset bundles are generated with Unity version 2017.1.0f3 actually.

Is there a way to solve this? I don't know if this error has an impact on my application's performance...

~Nyudeb

Attached Files:

litingqjt and Raumgleiter like this.
  2. drHogan

drHogan

I started getting this same error when I moved to 2017.3 from 2017.2. I get 6-7 notifications of it when I start the scene (some bundles are loaded at that point) and then 2 more when I load a specific asset from the bundle, a Hot Air Balloon. Somehow that bundle is completely screwed up (while most of the other seems to work correctly instead).

One of the animators attached to the asset goes nuts (it has a mild rotation, from -1 to +1 degrees of the sprite, and instead it stabilizes on 180 degree rotation on z, while it was and should be 0 degrees), and some shaders from the VFX loaded with the balloon do the same.

It's a bit hard to quantify and I can't build a smaller version of the project, but a problem seems to be there indeed somehow, and one fairly hard to debug with classic approaches.

3. Raumgleiter

Raumgleiter

We have the same problem. Since we use lots of AssetBundles, we won't be able to upgrade Unity if this doesn't get solved.

4. zylslk

zylslk

Me too, But Just some is error, you can try to rebuild these AssetBundles.

5. abolfazlkhaleghi

abolfazlkhaleghi

Hi, what should I do to fix the D3D shading spot problem? I do not like this, please help