Search Unity

Looking For Contributor ☆Cyberpunk anime brawler☆ Looking for Programmers/Animators!

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by uuorii, Jun 15, 2022.

1. uuorii

uuorii

Testotest.PNG

Description.PNG
    Hiya! I'm uuorii, I'm a student and the 3D modeller for the project who has been into game development for a long time by now, and I'm total sucker both working on and playing action based games, with very anime plotlines and art direction! So, what's the deal with this post and project here? With my team (15 people), we're currently developing a story heavy crime drama action brawler, with a few wacky but maybe unique mechanics along the way like using taunts for emotional damage on opponents! If I explained the combat here it'd be uneedingly long, so please check out the design document I wrote up for more information on the gameplay. It'll be vital for the programming side. On the story or base idea side, the game follows a high tech corrupt world, where you play the role as Jack, who becomes a detective in the main city. The game focuses on other characters quite a lot, and you get to have both battles and solve mysteries as Jack and his set of partners on the case, it'd be too long to explain this here too... Since this is a no budget project so far, it won't have any pay unfortunately. It'll be a hobby indie project, but I'm planning to check out Kickstarter once we get basic footage of the gameplay. As of now it's unfortunately all about interest and ones who would like to work on other projects for experience/ material for portfolios. The control scheme will be gamepad in the documents so please take note of it!
    We use Unity as our game engine.
    Game Jolt Page
    Steam Page (pretty blank so far)
    Itch.io (Even more blank and visually awful)

Talents.PNG

The whole point of writing in the Unity forums was to find members to join our team, as we lack quite some roles as you can tell given the footage... We're looking for:
    Combat Programmer: This role will be responsible with writing the necessary code for the combat gameplay. One that's very tough yet very crucial for the project! I'll guide the programmers and import all needed assets. We use Github, especially when there are multiple programmers... Though so far we are in need of programmer(s).
    Shader Artist-VFX Artist: This is also a very important role for the visual side of the game, I myself am sadly weak on the shader side of things as I already am with coding, but special effects and shaders will help look both the action and overall look of the game stay alive! It'd be the best if we could implement our own shader for this project.
    Quick ref for a game which takes advantage of it's visuals very well!!!

Animator: The second most important role in a fighting game is... The animation! The animation will decide how things move, smoothly, quickly, slowly and will really give the game it's own soul in a sense along with deciding how it plays along. We're looking for a very fast paced combat style which would mean most of the animation would be fast paced.
    Animation Doc Example

2D Artist: This role is also another very important one, as it'll be the role responsible of designing the characters and making in-game/promotional artwork for the game. As you could've seen so far the designs on the models are small bit dull, and don't quite look like the said 90's artstyle. I'll be remodelling them once there are clear designs... So this is also another pretty tough work to take care of!
    References are at: https://pinterest.com/uuoriii/teoth/
    Artstyle test.png

3D Rigger: While I am the 3D modeller for the project, I bad enough don't really know how to rig. I can't say I do the greatest work on 3D so I'll not even get down to rigs, we will most likely need riggers especially for the facial movement on characters, most of the characters are rigged through Mixamo which only works for so far. I understand rigging with no pay along with many roles I listed can be hard, so I don't expect super experienced people, as long as it'd work, hard work is done and that's enough participation for the project!!
    Rigging Document (Not too good but it's what it is)

Please do contact me if the game interests you and you'd be up for any of the roles! Thank you for reading once again.

I know I said this a lot, but this is so far the most important part of the post! Atleast one of, mainly for the programmer. Every mechanic the programmer would approach is written deep in this huge design doc! Though other than the combat document, I'll have a few more documents for other roles aswell which are forgivingly way smaller. Maybe don't read it all at once, but do read it since it'll be of huge use to us during production. I may aswell say sorry not sorry for that part.. Click on the document texts in case the text doesn't make it clear!
    Combat Document (The IMPORTANT one!!)
    Story Document
    Game Design Document (general idea, some things may be outdated as this was a bit old)
    3D Rigging Document

You read it all through the end! Congratulations on that!! Though if you did read through the end, or just check the end maybe you were looking for the contact section! Or maybe you weren'- the fact is this is where you can messeage me back if you're interested!! We're currently weak on programmers and artists, especially animation, the efforts will mean a lot! With that out of the way, here they are.

Discord: uuorii#2187
    Gmail: wallyhardmaker.jp@gmail.com

Thank you!

Quick extra talk on the budget and managment issue
    Unfortunately as I have no pay this project will be a hobby one with no profit. I'm thinking of setting Kickstarter and getting into hourly pay, but I cannot promise that as of now. That is if we do get footage for any gameplay... We currently need some progress on our gameplay that we can show. I honestly wanted to be honest in this post as I made others in the past, I got way cheesy with the whole images and way of talking... But I have to say I myself am not good at managment, and decided to take a new start where we could be more laid back and have fun as this is just an indie game project. If you for whatever reason it be want to participate, beginner or not, absolutely feel free to be part of this messuva game! I'll try my best to help out everyone when they're troubled, be it about development or things they want to talk about, out of topic talking is what gets others closer in stuff like this. What we make doesn't have to be perfect!!!

Let's make something smokin'!!!

Attached Files: