Search Unity

Feedback Cyberception - Act I - classic FPS action

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by sergiusz308, Oct 27, 2020.

1. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

Hello there, just wanted to share with you content update for Cyberception - Act I.

If you like classic FPS action (Quake I, Dusk, Serious Sam shootin') - check it out!

p.s. So, there are few bad words in the writing, visible on the screen - so if you're sensitive to that, please be informed :)

All feedback greatly appreciated!

p.s. I just can't find a way for these custom effects to work in HDRP builds... Please, imagine, that there's VHS filter going on all the time ;-)

Thanks,
    S.

PlanarBit likes this.
  2. jorikito

jorikito

That's some funky music!

3. VedantaAudio

VedantaAudio

Hey Sergiusz, nice one! I just joined the Forum and am getting into Unity now so this will be my first post from a total Unity newbie but seasoned gamer and experienced Sound Designer/Audio guy :)

Are you developing the game all by yourself? How far into development do you consider yourself to be?

Just some small constructive feedback of the first stuff that came to my mind:
    - I like the text/screens and got intrigued on whats going on and causing the electromagnetic disturbances!
    - One thing that threw me off of the immersion is that the player can view the whole of them guns without any hands holding them, so imo it'll make the experience more immersive if you either could only see the front end of the gun (as in the classic DOOM games), or added the hand that's holding and shooting it!
    - Another detail in terms of immersion and narrative is that those weapons don't seem too 2081, they look a bit rudimental for what i guess we commonly envision for 2081 guns to be like, but as i don't know anything about the plot of the game, their look might fit your narrative, so please do not take my comment in the wrong way!

Anyway, I hope this feedback is helpful to you.

Best of luck and keep up the good work,
    Miguel.

4. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

Thanks man, glad you liked it!

Yes. I am about 20% advanced in terms of overall content for a single player campaign, and about 80% in terms of required systems/setups etc. Unfortunately game will be taken off steam page, since I made a marketing mistakes when setting it up and considering zero sales I need to re-think whole process of publishing and marketing.

Thanks Miguel for all the feedback - it always helps! Yeah, I need hands for sure - lot of people confusing it with VR game. Reason hands are not there is a technical one. Unfortunately I went with HDRP which at the moment of development started - beginning of 2019 - was a mess. It's much better now but it still does not support camera stacking which is used to render first person view objects with a different fov and is needed to prevent walls clipping. Of course you can do it in tons of other ways, but all of them are either hacks and does not scale well further into game development or require extending rendering pipeline with custom passes and whatnot.

Regarding guns not fitting 2081 - I did not think about it but you're right! I need to work on more futuristic looking weapons, it's end of the century after all! Thanks! :)