Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyber Week ! Gain Now 40% Off with the new V2.6. Better sound, better accuracy, more demos ...

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by BachmannT, Apr 14, 2018.

1. BachmannT

BachmannT

Hi
    I need some answer to check more in detail.
    What soundfont are you using ? Is it the same soundfont in FL Studio ?
    And the last: which wave and patch are you testing ? I Can't see in the video.
    BR
    Thierry

2. BasicallyGames

BasicallyGames

The soundfont I'm currently testing with is called GMGSx. It is the same soundfont I loaded into the FL Studio soundfont player.

I'm not sure exactly what wave I'm using, but in FL studio if you load the soundfont and select the standard drum kit (Patch 129), you can find the sounds with F#6 and G6 notes.

3. BachmannT

BachmannT

Hi
    It's the sample 000232. BElow a screenshot from Viena
    upload_2019-11-20_7-30-51.png

and here from MPTK:
    upload_2019-11-20_7-32-15.png

Same rate 22050.

The issue is that you are comparing a sample playing by Unity with a Note playing with a sequencer.
    Check this with MPTK: load the demo MidiStreamPlayer (it's a very simple sequencer), and set parameters as defined below. You will get something very close to FL Studio.

upload_2019-11-20_7-35-13.png

BR
    Thierry

4. BasicallyGames

BasicallyGames

Thanks for the explanation, however, playing it with the sequencer still sounds significantly lower in quality than when I used the soundfont in FL Studio.

5. BachmannT

BachmannT

each sequencer sounds different, the algo are complex. Viena, Muse Score, .... all sounds different. Perhaps, the difference, I have not yet implemented effect with MPTK ...

6. BachmannT

BachmannT

I received a notifcation that you have posted a message but I can't get it ... strange.
    For your error: delete the previous version of MPTK in your project before importing the new one.
    BR
    Thierry

7. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as i posted the message, i realizedwhat was causing the problem. Thats why i deleted it. ;)

8. BachmannT

BachmannT

I will update the readme. it's not so obvious !