Search Unity

Feedback Cut Off Error Messages

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by florianhanke, Jul 31, 2020.

1. florianhanke

florianhanke

I'm currently working through my code after updating to the latest entities code. And I noticed that the error messages are chopped off in the editor log, in the three examples below when – I assume – helpful information is provided. Scroll the first line to the end: "To guarantee safety, you mu" (st do what?)
    Can the entities team provide the full error messages, or is that something I can improve? Error messages are set to full logging.
    Thanks for any help in advance!

Code (csharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The previously scheduled job SelectAimSystem:<>c__DisplayClass_SelectAimSystem reads from the Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[Unity.Physics.RigidBody] <>c__DisplayClass_SelectAimSystem.JobData.collisionWorld.m_Bodies. You are trying to schedule a new job ProjectileCollisionJobSystem:<>c__DisplayClass_ProjectileCollision_CastRay, which writes to the same Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[Unity.Physics.RigidBody] (via <>c__DisplayClass_ProjectileCollision_CastRay.JobData.world.CollisionWorld.m_Bodies). To guar
    2. Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions.ScheduleInternal[T] (T& jobData, Unity.Entities.EntityQuery query, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle dependsOn, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.ScheduleMode mode, System.Boolean isParallel) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:229)
    3. Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions.ScheduleParallel[T] (T jobData, Unity.Entities.EntityQuery query, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle dependsOn) (at
    Code (csharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The previously scheduled job ProjectileCollisionJobSystem:<>c__DisplayClass_ProjectileCollision_ProcessHits writes to the Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[System.Int32] <>c__DisplayClass_ProjectileCollision_ProcessHits.collisionWorld.Broadphase.m_DynamicTree.BranchCount. You are trying to schedule a new job Broadphase:AllocateDynamicVsStaticNodePairs, which reads from the same Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[System.Int32] (via AllocateDynamicVsStaticNodePairs.dynamicBranchCount). To guarantee safety, you mu
    2. Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility.Schedule (Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility+JobScheduleParameters& parameters) (at <a70a61ee03014d7fae0fe16d3497e1e3>:0)
    3. Unity.Jobs.IJobExtensions.Schedule[T] (T jobData, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle dependsOn) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Jobs/Managed/IJob.cs:37)
    4. Unity.Physics.Broadphase.ScheduleFindOverlapsJobs (Unity.Collections.NativeStream& dynamicVsDynamicPairsStream, Unity.Collections.NativeStream& staticVsDynamicPairsStream, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle inputDeps, System.Int32 threadCountHint) (at
    Code (csharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The previously scheduled job ProjectileCollisionJobSystem:<>c__DisplayClass_ProjectileCollision_ProcessHits writes to the Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[Unity.Physics.RigidBody] <>c__DisplayClass_ProjectileCollision_ProcessHits.collisionWorld.m_Bodies. You are trying to schedule a new job SelectAimSystem:<>c__DisplayClass_SelectAimSystem, which reads from the same Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[Unity.Physics.RigidBody] (via <>c__DisplayClass_SelectAimSystem.JobData.collisionWorld.m_Bodies). To guarantee
    2. Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions.ScheduleInternal[T] (T& jobData, Unity.Entities.EntityQuery query, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle dependsOn, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.ScheduleMode mode, System.Boolean isParallel) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:229)
    3. Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions.ScheduleParallel[T] (T jobData, Unity.Entities.EntityQuery query, Unity.Jobs.JobHandle dependsOn) (at

Lukas_Kastern likes this.