Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Customizing clip UI

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by dgoyette, Sep 25, 2018.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

When adding an Audio Track, its clips look like this:

upload_2018-9-24_16-40-46.png

So far, in the additional clips I've created, the actual UI for the clip just shows the name of the clip. I'd like to be able to customize the way the clip is visualized. My clip accepts two values: a Start and an End value, both floats. I'd like to:
    • Draw some kind of visual within the clip, similar to the way the Audio clip has its waveform.
    • Write a different text value into the clip, such as "Start/End", where Start and End refer to properties of the clip.
    I don't see a way to do this in any of the examples I've seen. Am I missing something?

Similarly, I have a behaviour that simply changing a float value. I'd like for the clip UI to show some kind of visual representation of the value changing over time. For example, these two clips are blended together, with a value of 0.2 on the left and 0.9 on the right, but you'd never know that from looking at it:

upload_2018-9-24_17-39-26.png

In addition, the transition easing can cause the value to change. Is it possible to graph the value being changed within the clip UI? Or, to see what the value is on any given frame without having to keep clicking on the target object and seeing it's value change?

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Right now there is no way to customize the drawing of clips. It's a feature we are looking to add.

3. ReadyPlayGames

ReadyPlayGames

I am extremely looking forward to this. I have a plugin that I'm working on that would greatly benefit from this!