Search Unity

Bug Customized BallAndSocketJoint not working when initiated as prefab

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by hauwing, Aug 26, 2021.

1. hauwing

hauwing

hi,

I have a customized BallAndSocketJoint to expose the spring frequency and damping values and update them in the constraint, which I can set the values in the editor. It works fine when used in normal game objects (with physic body and physic shape) in a scene. But when the game objects are used as prefab and initiated using entityManager.Instantiate(prefab), the joint becomes a hard joint as if the frequency of the constraint is reset to the default value. However, when viewed in the entity debugger, my customized values are indeed there. I can upload a small demo project if needed. Thanks.

2. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

Is this using Unity Physics or Havok Physics for the simulation backend. There was a bug in the Havok Physics backend where spring frequency and damping changes where not noticed. This was fixed, though I'm still trying to get a new public release of the Unity and Havok Physics packages pushed out the door.

Occuros likes this.
  3. hauwing

hauwing

hi yes, it is Havok Physics, Unity Physics seems working fine, thanks, do you have an estimated date of the release?