Search Unity

Customizable Scifi Holo Interface [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Immu, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Immu

Immu

Disappeared ? @-@
    It should be perfectly fine with LWRP. Which version of lwrp are you using ? And which engine version ?

2. Immu

Immu

Some user needed explanation on this, so I'm sharing here:

It's simply because you're supposed to add it manually ^^. That's not especially automatic.
    So you either drag and drop it into the list in the inspector, or you increase the list size to '19', and change the 18th element by that new holointerface

3. dimib

dimib

Hi @Immu , your asset looks very nice. Does it support Unity 2019.3 (officially released) and URP ?

4. Immu

Immu

Hi @dimib!
    Yes, should be fully working for 2019.3 and URP. As it's mainly based on canvas/Ui tech and no special fancy shader, there's little to no reason to break.
    Of course there's the old image effects (for the sake of glowing effects in example scene) that just need to be replaced with a good old post processing stack.

I test and edit my answer in a minute

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    rrahim likes this.
  5. Immu

Immu

Like any SRP package, don't forget you need to update materials
    upload_2020-1-31_18-4-41.png upload_2020-1-31_18-5-37.png

6. Immu

Immu

Once the materials are re-regenerated (as well as the lighting), it's ready to go on 2019.3 :)
    upload_2020-1-31_18-8-1.png

dimib and TonyLi like this.
  7. dimib

dimib

Hey @Immu , looks awesome! :) Thank you very much. The decision to buy your asset is easy ;)

Immu likes this.
  8. lolaswift

lolaswift

Hi, I heard that there were issues of using it on mobile. Has that been fixed? Does it work on ios and android?

9. Immu

Immu

Hum.. There's not issues for mobile that as been brought to my attention.

lolaswift likes this.
  10. cheesiangleow5284

cheesiangleow5284

Hi! I'm planning to buy this assets, however i wish to know what can I do with this assets.
    What i want to achieve is using this assets to show my macOS pc status and etc. With my AI system.
    Currently my AI system has custom built speech recognition system, Computer Vision system which using latest technology. I wish to use this assets to show Image, Plot Graph, and etc of visualization. Is this assets able to plot graph like sound wave or even show image?

11. Immu

Immu

Hi !
    Well, anything you would display on a ui canvas can be displayed, since it uses the same tech.
    So, in your example, any UI element like UI Image perfectly fits

Any element that is not natively made for UI (basically...any gameObject) can also put in there.

12. cheesiangleow5284

cheesiangleow5284

great to hear that! I'm begginer of Unity and this is my first time to make UI for my AI System, i will buy this and make some progress on my AI System!

13. Immu

Immu

Apparently, there's a rare case when using very short timing values on the appearances and disappearences of nested interfaces (like 'Digital Nest' example), there might not disappear properly (in the sense that it disallow reactivation, because the nested IAM are still considered 'disappearing'.
    If you encounter this issue, here's a fix, just comment those 2 lines below. I'm investigating for more.
    upload_2020-7-6_10-55-29.png

14. ScottPeal

ScottPeal

When my UI appears and then main parts of it disappear. Any ideas on how to fix?

If I manually click disappear and appear buttons it is the same behavior. If I click each canvas' components to deactivate and active they UI stays showing fine.

I just purchased and installed on 2019.4.4LTS URP running on Oculus Quest with VRIF. Then converted all materials to URP. Using Showroom, the scene works. I copy and pasted the Clean Welcome UI to my scene in the same project. All othere settings on Clean Welcome are the same except the camera ones.

The canvas camera is my VR center eye running in Camera Screen Space.

Thanks for any help...VR Architect

15. Immu

Immu

1 / Hi, hm right now, no clue (especially the 'and then main parts of it disappear' which is a bit... blurry ?), can you provide me with a video so I can see better the issue ?

2 /
    When you say that it works, you mean also while using VR? (without changing camera parameters ?)
    So that the issue really only happens on a different scene, along with changing camera parameters ?

3/ I suppose there's not any debug log that informs you of an error or similar ?

16. ScottPeal

ScottPeal

If I turn off the Interface Anim Manager the canvas shows as expected.

Here is a video, sorry my first time doing a gfycat,

The part that stayed visible was the keys at the bottom left/right which I removed as I didn't need them. There are no console errors or warnings. While in run mode, I can deactivate/activate a canvas component and they will stay visible.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  17. Immu

Immu

Hm. Can you provide me with your .unityscene file ?
    I'm trying to resetup the whole thing on my side.

18. ScottPeal

ScottPeal

Sorry mate. It is using VR Interactive Framework and some other assets from the asset store.

19. Immu

Immu

Hum
    I've reproduced various similar setups today on my side but didn't get the issue :/
    I'm more and more afraid that this could be a (new) specific issue related to URP, canvas UI and VR combination, in which case the issue is more on Unity Side and I wouldn't be able to do much. (well, apart from refund you, if you request, no problem)
    If it's really on Unity Side, I wouldn't expect them to fix the issue *fast*

Just as a last try, can you confirm me that the 'activates/deactivates' objects within clean welcome are still happening the same way ? One after the other, all that.. ?

20. naive_magic

naive_magic

Heya, thanks for this asset, was wondering if there's a way to change the material into Unity HDRP Lit material to be able to control + strengthen emissive light?

21. Immu

Immu

Hey there. Probably. Which material exactly are we talking about ?

22. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Hi I am interested in your asset
    Also, am I allowed to use the demo scene in my game I mean the building provided in the demo scene?
    Does it support Unity 2019.4 LTS ?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  23. Immu

Immu

I'd like the demo building to be exclusive to demo scene ^-^". Unless you decide to modify it a lot.
    It does support all modern versions of Unity as its relying on stuff that changes very rarely in Unity.
    So no problem for 2019.4 LTS

SuperMiro likes this.
  24. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Hi - these are awesomely good holograms!
    In URP would you suggest a way to make the images brighter?

In my example I had a semitransparent cube to block the background and am trying to increase the brightness of the holo images.
    In URP I've left the shader as Legacy Shaders/Particles/Additive (Soft)

Attached Files:

25. Immu

Immu

Hi!
    Hm. You could try that, I can't test right away (not near my machine) but it might work
    Otherwise I'll try to see that again in the next 48h

Attached Files:

XyrisKenn likes this.
  26. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Thank you. I made individual URP-Particle-Unlit shaders for frame, circle, border but your solution with one shader and images is much better.

Immu likes this.
  27. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I'm having a weird issue. I had a scene that has the UI screen within an object, when I load another level that has that same object in it, the UI screens disappear? Any ideas?

28. Immu

Immu

Hi.. hm to recap
    UI instance Screen1 in scene A
    UI instance Screen2 in scene B (is scene B loaded additively or does it replace scene A ?)
    And do you mean that when you load scene B, UI instance Screen 1 disappear and Screen 2 doesn't appear ?

29. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Actually I solved it, I deleted the "do not destroy on load script that's on it!

30. Immu

Immu

Oh. Yeah indeed, easier XD
    Glad you solved it :)

31. Zepholyte

Zepholyte

I believe I have the same issue as ScottPeal. Best I can tell it's not related to the VR Framework. Some of the frame and border objects seem to skip over their appear animation, and instead just disappear. Smaller objects like circles, text, and keyblocks don't seem to skip the appear. I can brute-force it by disabling and reenabling at runtime, though it skips a lot of the animation, don't play their sound, and doesn't work every time or with every sample.

You can make a workaround by duplicating an appearing object and inserting the sprite of the original/bugged object.

32. Immu

Immu

hm still a hard time reproducing.. hm.. the children are required to have different names for the system to work.
    Could it be possible that when you duplicate, you keep same name?

33. Zepholyte

Zepholyte

The duplication, as it turns out, still is trying to do the original bugged animation, even if the sprite is different. I changed the manager script where it checks the animation names. I think the disappear check would always go off since "appear" is in every use of the word "disappear". I replaced all instances of "appear" and "disappear" to "_appear" and "_disappear" respectively, and it seems to be working fine.

iceman-za likes this.
  34. Immu

Immu

oh.. indeed, it was the middle of my face. I'll recheck that code very soon then. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

iceman-za likes this.
  35. melonhead

melonhead

has this asset been removed from unity asset store, was just about to purchase it, now it has vanished, can i get this anywhere else?

very strange just looked through all sci fi and found it, wasnt shown when searched for holo interface or creator name

thanks anyway

36. TonyLi

TonyLi

Immu likes this.
  37. Immu

Immu

Ouch o_O , thanks for the tip TonyLi !

TonyLi likes this.
  38. Cupears

Cupears

Just got this pack recently and can say its great but sadly wanted to use it in VRchat and doesnt seem to be working, Is there anyway I can get it working in game? If not that's alright and wanted see if I can refund of possible.

39. cwule

cwule

I read in previous post that it works with the Hololens. I just tried it with the Hololens 2, but it unfortunately doesn't work and only appears in a single eye and blurred. Any ideas what the reason or a solution might be?

40. cwule

cwule

Ok, already found the reason. Need to change from "single pass instanced" render mode to "multi pass" render mode. Since the single pass instanced has much better performance on the Hololens, any idea how the shader needs to be modified to support that?

41. Immu

Immu

Hello, I'm in vacation, sorry for delay. (In any case, yes, refund possible)
    Regarding the single/multipass. Can you confirm me which shader you're trying to modify?

42. Cupears

Cupears

How do i go through process of refund?

43. Immu

Immu

Easy, provide me in pm with the Invoice/ order number of the purchase :)
    I'll then contact unity services to process the refund.

44. melonhead

melonhead

constantly getting this yellow error as soon as a canvas starts

Animator is not playing an AnimatorController
    UnityEngine.Animator:GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(Int32)
    InterfaceAnimManager:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/Excelsior/CSFHI/Scripts/InterfaceAnimManager.cs:214)

it is flooding the console can anyone help with this?

45. Immu

Immu

hm. I mean. It might be very hard to answer without context.
    What did you do before ?

46. LTYE

LTYE

Just purchased your asset and opened it up in my 2021.3.16 project and all works great except for image effects / bloom are not showing. I see that the Standard Assets folder with the imsge effects files is included in the Excelsior plugin folder so does it still need to be manually imported?

Bloom is enabled in examplecam and I can see all the correct files are being referenced from standard assets folder

Also we are targeting Oculus Quest/ Android for final build so what would be your advice on using the standard assets bloom or post processing stack instead?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  47. Immu

Immu

Hello there !
    Image effects / bloom are solely for compatibility with very versions of Unity. It requires you to download them for the corresponding Unity version. Although indeed, I'm not sure they're still working for latest unity releases.

Personnaly, for the sake of modernity, as you're using version older than Unity 2017, I would recommend not using standard assets 'image effects'.

To recap, depending on your render pipeline, URP or HDRP, you might want, as you guessed, there own PostProcessing effects Stack. it is supposedly more performant, although asking the community you would probably have very polarizing answers (testing both and measuring the result on your side is still the best option)
    If you're still on the Built-In render pipeline, I think you have PPV2.

If I can be any more helpful (or clearer?) let me know :)
    Happy to help and happy new year!

48. fourdgaming

fourdgaming

Hello, how can I convert this asset to HDRP safely? I tried converting the materials to HDRP ones but the asset is buggy and not working properly, what can I do?

49. Immu

Immu

Hello !
    There shouldn't be a problem. I miss some context, which version are you using ? I'll try to reproduce the issue on my side (surely not all materials are having an issue)

50. Adamjm

Adamjm

I have an issue with HDRP also on 2021.3.26f1 HDRP 12.+

What shader settings should the materials be using? Is there a HDRP update pack somewhere? This isn't working out of the box, after running the HDRP conversion to upgrade built-in to HDRP it looks like this screenshot attached.

Attached Files: