Search Unity

Customizable Scifi Holo Interface [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Immu, Aug 25, 2016.

1. robocognito

robocognito

upload_2017-7-28_19-46-25.png

any suggestions on fixing this posteffectsbase issue Immu? purchased it today, would like to use it....

2. stanislavdol

stanislavdol

download standard assets from unity 5.5, it was depreciated in 5.6

3. robocognito

robocognito

uh huh, so the dev isn't going to update it for the latest?

4. Immu

Immu

No don't worry I'll definitely will. It's just a matter of time (because I want to support as much Unity version as possible in the same time, and it's quite tricky) - in the meantime yes, it's better to download Image Effects from 5.5 package apparently.

I sadly had to remove the ImageEffects package from the plugin because Unity guidelines forbid me to directly add them.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. robocognito

robocognito

6. Immu

Immu

nope, those are the beta version of the newest cinematic image effects that ultimately replace the old image effects in newest 2017 version.
    The legacy image effects related to CSFHI are more likely to be in the options of a Unity installer or directly in Standard Assets package here --> https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive. So I guess the ones of Unity 554 for example (can't test right now)

7. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

I'm trying to use one of the Interface Panels for a pause menu. I'm calling Time.timeScale = 0; to pause my game.

I've set the Animator on child elements (frame / borders) to UpdateMode: Unscaled Time

However it seems that InterfaceAnimManager itself becomes paused. Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

ps. I've found that turning off 'Use Custom Anim Delays' makes the UI panel appear - which I guess is a workaround. But it would be great if the the script itself could be made to work in pause mode.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  8. Cdngater

Cdngater

hey Immu,

I've encountered an oddity. If I have nested InterfaceAnimManagers, that do NOT have auto start turned on, they don't start when I send the startAppear to the master InterfaceAnimManager.

Stepping though the code, I see in start you call startDisappear to have everything in a known state. Problem is I think, the master InterfaceAnimManager has already told the nested InterfaceAnimManagers to startAppearing BEFORE their own Start code has executed. So they start to appear and then told to disappear.

as I said, its an oddity.

9. Shadowing

Shadowing

The Gridroom scene is broke on the asset.

Also I wanted to point out this asset is way better then I even thought it was gonna be when I bought it lol.

10. Immu

Immu

Happy to hear that the asset surprised you in good :)

uh ? Gridroom scene broke ? Can you pm me the details please ?

11. Battan

Battan

Same here!

12. Immu

Immu

So basically, you would like the whole interface to be working in unscaled time ? (not just a few parts). Am I right ? I'm studying to add the functionality very soon.

13. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Does anyone know how I can use this with playmaker? I'm trying but I guess I'm not finding exactly where to send a message to on the panels

14. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I figure it out, here is the workflow:

15. Immu

Immu

Oh well, you've been fast ^^. Thanks for sharing the tip!

By the way, for those who come by on this topic, a new version has been released with improved compatibility with latest unity versions ;)

16. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

That's right. Would be a useful feature :) Thanks.

17. Immu

Immu

Wups, forgot to tell jerome, but latest version released do contain this feature ;)

jeromeWork likes this.
  18. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

19. ina

ina

Why is the entire package in the Plugins directory?

20. ina

ina

grabbed your package cuz you seem really cool! :)

except it's not as modular as can be, and customization seems to depend on digging through your showroom scene.
    organizational feature request - prefabs for commonly used ui components, such as input fields, scrolls etc

21. Immu

Immu

Hi, sorry for late reply (didn't got the alert)
    I felt like most the assets that I bought at the time were doing that so I felt it was like some kind of missing asset store guideline. But in the end, not so sure as it's indeed more for .dll stuff.
    Right, I'll do more prefabs on future updates ;)

ina likes this.
  22. Immu

Immu

TonyLi likes this.
  23. TonyLi

TonyLi

CSFHI is a real bargain at 30% off. A Dialogue System for Unity customer pointed me to CSFHI, and it didn't take much convincing to add support (the Dialogue System's Customizable Sci-Fi Holo Interface Support instructions are here). The textures are clean, and the animation and sound effects are nicely polished. Great job, @Immu!

Thre3ouls likes this.
  24. Immu

Immu

Wow, that's priceless, thank you very much :D.
    I'll add note asap in description.

25. gauravdashora

gauravdashora

Can Customizable Scifi holo interface used in AR Camera for Augmented reality

26. Immu

Immu

CSFHI uses native unity worldspace camera ui canvas, so I don't see reason why It wouldn't work, that should be perfectly fine :)

27. Immu

Immu

Hello there. I'm answering this common question I've received by mail just in case anybody thatt pass here has the same:
    Here's the updated scripts (since I didn't implemented it in an update yet)

Excelsior\CSFHI\Scripts
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/62jmyacajk6x4s2/InterfaceAnmElement.cs
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m0qoi1dmadmqp51/InterfaceAnimManager.cs

Excelsior\CSFHI\Scripts\Editor
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtffk8dbpjvgoje/InterfaceAnmElementEditor.cs

You can see the changes under the comments //ADDED_AUGUST_2018 in the code.

Also, CSFHI is still very much appreciated by the users, so for all the nice reviews..

28. Thre3ouls

Thre3ouls

Thank you very much for your reply!
    Here you can see how we implemented it, we have modify and added some frame for our porpose. Hope you like it!
    Steam:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/718020/GRAL/
    or follow as on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/gralgame/

It's a very good asset, keep updating it.

Immu likes this.
  29. mesaurabhsaxena

mesaurabhsaxena

30. Immu

Immu

Hi,
    well, they're the basic parameters that you've got when you create a new project.
    (example)
    upload_2018-9-10_15-11-51.png

I mean, I would probably change the Gamma for linear, things like that but It doesn't change the loading time.

31. Sehee26

Sehee26

Hello,

i need this update, but the files is not longer available. Can you share it again?

When we can expect an update?

Thanks.

32. Immu

Immu

Sehee26 likes this.
  33. Sehee26

Sehee26

34. ksakins

ksakins

Hi,
    The asset looks great. I want to double check a few things before I buy. This question may sound silly, and forgive me if you've answered it already. Can the graphics be used in most unity UI controls, such as buttons, text boxes, lists, dropdowns?

35. Immu

Immu

@ksakins Yup it can. You can try that in the examples of the WebGL demo, half of them have buttons, and there's a specific interface example that contains example of array and sliders. As It's based on canvas UI, everything works like in normal Unity UI.

36. Immu

Immu

Hop. Some question that has been asked by mail, so here's the answer here for everyone
    If you don't want your tabs to be caught into the anim and stuff, making them child of a container should be enough.
    Here's a setup:

upload_2019-1-8_11-21-0.png

upload_2019-1-8_11-16-54.png

upload_2019-1-8_11-17-31.png

(Just be sure that there's no interface anm element script in your TAB object. One might be automatically created if you create the TAB outside TABContainer and moved it inside afterwards. In that case, remove the script manually from the TAB object)

Attached Files:

37. Tony_T

Tony_T

Hello! (I'm the guy who asked the question, for anyone who is wondering). Thank you so much for the quick reply. I tried what you suggested and it worked! The children do not get affected by the script and It's up to me to enable/disable them. Keep up the good work!

Immu likes this.
  38. Tony_T

Tony_T

Hello, I have another question. I have created my own UI animations which I want to use with your script but they don't seem to work and I think it's because of the names the animations have. Is it somehow possible to use my own animations and names with your script?

39. Immu

Immu

@Tony_T Well they've got names to be called by my scripts in the first place so that evidently goes against it if you start renaming them ^^'. But what you can do is change the names (and anim) in my animator with yours and do a search & replace the same animation names inside my scripts with yours. So that my scripts will still work, but with your animations.
    There's a bit of tests to do here though.

40. Tony_T

Tony_T

Alright, thanks for the reply!

41. Feng1314

Feng1314

Hi,i got a problem. The Mask component in Scroll View can't mask Image component in which i use 'additiveSprite'.Sorry,my English is not very good. I want to achieve a mask effect.Could you help me?
    • 1554979598(1).png

42. Immu

Immu

Sadly so far It's a Unity limitation that I never been able to get across :/ (whether or not the stencil property is added)

43. Feng1314

Feng1314

Alright, thanks for the reply!

44. kevdome3000

kevdome3000

Hey there,

The asset is awesome!

I'm designing for mobile and I'd like to incorporate the holo interfaces within the current mobile UI views I already have. My current UI view setup has show/hide animations, so I'd like to drop the holo interface canvas into the UI view canvas, but I am running into issues when doing so. I know the holo interfaces use worldspace camera, but if it's a child to another canvas, some of the elements aren't visible. Is there a smarter way I should be doing this?

I'm a newb when it comes to unity, so bear with me, if it's better to handle over email, please let me know.

Thanks!

45. Immu

Immu

Hi there,
    Glad you like it ^^
    It's okay to post issues there, so that anybody can see the answers and eventually find the solution thanks to our discussions.
    So you mean you already have a UI canvas, and you put a holo canvas inside it, but some things doesn't show up properly after that ? Hm, to my knowledge it should work.
    What's your UI view current canvas type ? can you provide me a screenshot with your basic hierarchy so I can try to reproduce ?

46. kevdome3000

kevdome3000

Yes, you understand correctly. My current UI canvas is set to Screenspace Overlay, the UI view I'm animating is inheriting from canvas, and holoInterface, I'd like to hide inside that view.

First screen grab is hierarchy, second is properties of the GalaxyRenamer

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 5.06.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 5.07.21 PM.png

47. Immu

Immu

So basically, you're probably only seeing the 3D elements like that right ?

Edit:
    Arf. yeah. Because you're using Screenspace Overlay. The nested is not really the issue, it's the fact that your want to use screenspace overlay.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  48. Immu

Immu

Ok so what you need to do is re-scale the holo and reposition it:
    To me, it works : )
    upload_2019-8-6_10-47-28.png

49. kevdome3000

kevdome3000

It worked! I still lose a bit of quality but not a big deal...... thanks for your help!

50. kevdome3000

kevdome3000

Hey there,

We switched our project over to using the Light weight render pipeline and the holo effect disappeared. Any suggestions on ways in which we can use the asset and capture that effect using LWRP?