Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Volume Properties for scene customization: Kinda broken

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Joshua_strawchildgames, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Joshua_strawchildgames

Joshua_strawchildgames

Hey folks, I've been messing around a lot with the HDRP pipelines lately. I even ported some of the BotD code to support the vertex painted wind model and property master.

Long story short, I got a lot of it working, except for the custom volume properties. Light Properties, Culling Properties, and Wind Properties all require a direct reference to the appropriate scene object. However, every time I try to drag'n'drop the scene object, it refuses to accept the object. Trying to select through the asset finder (the circle/dot symbol next to the field), the window only shows None.

I'm lead to believe that you are not able to select Scene active objects for package based code, even though the custom properties are from custom assets in the Assets folder.

Let me know if I need to elaborate more.

2. Joshua_strawchildgames

Joshua_strawchildgames

Hey folks, I figured it out. So the context manager's component, PropertyMaster, needs to be dragged independently to an IExposedPropertyTable. Which is really annoying. I think it may have something to do with the new prefab system. Basically, you need to open two inspector windows (lock one of the inspectors with the IExposedPropertyTable field), select the context manager script and the asset that needs references. Instead of dragging the whole object that contains the context manager, drag the actual component into the field. This will allow you to actually associate the objects.