Search Unity

Custom Unity Terrain Shader Properties not showing in Terrain Inspector

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Binary-Soul, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Binary-Soul

Binary-Soul

Hi Everyone,

First thing: I'm totally new to shaders, so I might be doing many things wrong.

The problem I've come accross is, I replaced the default terrain shader with a custom one I got from the asset store, but it seems this shader is not reading the normal map information.

I've modified it a bit, and managed to make a normal map work, however it's not getting the normal maps assigned to the different textures I have in the terrain inspector.

texts.png

No matter what I change in the shader I'm using, the properties I'm seeing here in the Terrain Inspector are always the same.. Diffuse.. Normal Map.. Normal Scale... etc. Nothing I do to the shader I'm using is actually reflected here.

However, it IS picking the diffuse textures properly, it's just the Normal Map that does absolutely nothing.

The test I manage to do was to add a new normal map propery manually... and add a normal map directly to the terrain material. Im that case, the normal map DOES show up along the whole terrain, but this of course, is not what I need, it was just a test to check if the shader could actually read a normal map (which it seems it can with no problem whatsoever).

Anyone know how can I make the inspector reflect my ACTUAL shader and not this default properties? And if not... how I might be able to read this normal map from my new shader?

Thanks you very much.

2. SgerbwdGwyn

SgerbwdGwyn

Having the same issue. No fix as of 2021.1b.