Search Unity

1. Unity wants to learn about your experiences working on a Unity project today. We'd like to hear from you via this survey.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Custom UI Interactor (XR Interaction Toolkit)

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by stephanholding, Apr 15, 2021.

1. stephanholding

stephanholding

Hi :)

I'm working on a VR project and like with other VR projects I've worked on, UI is an issue. I've never been able to find a good solution for UI Interaction. The best I've come up with is placing 3D colliders on the UI elements and shooting a Physics Raycast. Obviously not ideal.

And so I was very excited when I learned that the XR Interaction Toolkit contains systems that solve this problem. But the XR Ray Interaction & XR Interactor Line Visual Component are not customizable enough for what I want (Fair enough, it is a preview package after all.)

So I would like to make my own UI Interaction component that works the same way as the XR Ray Interactor (in the sense that it works as seamlessly with UI as a mouse cursor would.)

Does anyone know how I could do this?

unityunity