Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro Custom Tags - <shake> <wave> <grow> <shrink>

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by AryShirazi, Jun 1, 2019.

1. AryShirazi

AryShirazi

Hi there, I've been searching through the forums in search of a comprehensive solution to adding custom rich text tags such as:

What's going on <shake=.05><b>here</b></shake> then? (the .05 would be the intensity of the shake)

There's been lots of great information and some people have even posted links to git repositories with some cool work, but none that allow for all the rich text to work alongside the animated text.

As such, I wanted to ask what the best course of action is.

- Do I use the <link> tag and create a custom link (even though it's not a hyperlink)
    - Can I use the <style> tag? This is such an awesome feature by the way (but yeah, not sure if it will handle things like <wave> <shake>
    - Is there another way of creating a custom tag? (I'm not really a coder, although I did find something about grabbing hashcodes.

Or is there another solution I should be looking at?

I'm using the 'Dialogue System For Unity' asset for dialogue, as such I'm keen to try and get as much functionality into various forms of custom tag.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could provide me with a tutorial I could follow? (I think it may help a lot of others on these forums too :))

Many thanks!

Ary